Old 11-20-2010, 08:45 PM   #15
x

XXXX , XXXX
I'm looking at a 73 service manual so it may be different for your 78.
Circuit #1 the purple wire feeds the bathroom light. The 12VDC outlet in the bathroom is first in that circuit so check it for power. If it's dead then you have a broken wire feeding those two points. Next in that circuit is the overhead light in the bedroom and it ends there.
Circuit #2 the yellow wire feeds the bed shelf light and the 12VDC outlet there as well as the fan in the overhead bedroom light. Again check the outlet there. the last item in that circuit is the fan in the overhead light in the galley(kitchen).
Since your'e not blowing fuses then you do not have a dead short. I know it sounds stupid but did you check the bulbs in a working light to make sure the bulbs are not the problem. If the bulbs work then check the sockets with a multimeter. Positive probe to the wire and negative probe to the shell for a ground. If you have no power then a broken 12VDC+ is the problem. If you have power then the lamps are not getting a ground.

Old 11-21-2010, 06:24 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

1978 23' Safari
eugene , Oregon
I hadnt seen your post until now thanks. I found that the yellow wire you're talking about had some corrosion so I took it off and squirted some wd 40 on the terminal then reconnected it. The light over the bed and the one in the bathroom overhead are on now. funny thing is the one over the sink suddenly quit working. Has 12v but won't light a bulb. The 12v outlet shows no voltage. I suspect I'll need to clean up additional fuses.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:45 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

1978 23' Safari
eugene , Oregon
Ok I got them all fixed thankyou. It turns out that in front of the inverter and behind the fuse box is an opening to the outside. it must be some kind of access port of some sort. It appears that it once had been sealed. The sealing had worn out allowing water to get on the fuse box and rust it up worse than I thought. Anyway I cleaned it up and now all the lights work. On to the bathroom fan.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:20 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

1978 23' Safari
eugene , Oregon
how do i get more rivets
Old 12-01-2010, 08:19 PM   #19
x

XXXX , XXXX
Rivets= posts. Keep posting and soon you`ll be a rivet master. LOL