Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Sinks, Showers & Toilets
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-26-2015, 06:50 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Davidson County , NC Highlands County, FL
In my Safari the black tank is above the floor and is partially included in that space beneath the shower seat. In my Excella the wheel well is in that space.

All showers are not the same size or construction. The fiberglass shower in my Excella has a lot more space in front of the seat than the shower in my Safari. Some of the older models I have owned had vinyl covered wall panels above a plastic pan with a built in seat.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:34 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Livingston , Texas
I love my shower and bench seat. The first two years we didn't use the shower in the trailer only campground showers - guess we were paranoid about any leaks etc. but now it's all we use. Had it tested and caulked at JC - all good to go. Another thing was that the Shub disappearing shower door seemed too fragile but surprisingly if you treat it gently it performs beautifully. Storing stuff in the shower makes me crazy. Have two towel hooks and a squeegee- used Gel -Gloss to clean and protect the fiberglass and it stays shiny and clean! Love my shower ... Think I'll take one right now....
Seemore2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 07:58 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2002 19' Bambi
Lafayette , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
One thing that helps with that, wax your shower stall, all but the floor (textured floors are hard to wax).

I've just about decided to start waxing the inside of the fridge to make it easier to clean, too.
We have used Walbernize for years on our shower stall (except for the floor) and it really does make it much easier to keep clean. Our shower floor is not so textured that it could not be Walbernized, but we do not want it to be slippery.

We also use Walbernize on the inside of the refrigerator after any longer trip. It gets all of the plastic and painted surfaces very clean for the next trip. We do let it air out after the polish job and no odor remains.

Tim
Tim A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 08:12 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

1996 25' Excella
Shakopee , Minnesota
Shower seat

On my 25 foot excella the space under the shower seat is used for the water heater.
TimeForFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 08:35 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmsteader View Post
Since the shower stall is reasonably generic and used in most if not all A/S, I'm sure i"ve seen the water heater recessed under the shower seat. Of course all this is dependent of the age and floor plan of the trailer.

My 2006 23 Safari water heater is located on the opposite side of the trailer underneath the bed.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 08:41 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
I don't sit down, but I put my foot on the seat to wash my legs, feet, toes-
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 05:18 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2012 23' FB International
Woodstock , Ontario
For all you young-uns the shower seat may not make any difference. For the rest of us the seat is useful for aging joints. Probably why nearly every other SOB has a shower seat too. You won't find a seat in any generously sized shower, so the comments such as..."I can't stand upright next to the inward curved wall anyway, and I like the seat for washing my feet" are right on the money given that call AS showers in single bath models are on the small side!
JCW
JCWDCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 05:56 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
On cleaning: If you have a fiberglas shower stall like my 2014 FC 20, just spray it down with a product called "Clean Shower" after each use. Then you will never have any soap scum build up, and your shower will always look like new along with the chrome faucet. You will never have to clean it. If your shower is dingy and covered with film now, use the Clean Shower for about 2 weeks and then scrub it lightly with a rough cloth and it will come to look like new. Continue to use it and you will never see any more film build up. Much easier than waxing, or walburnizing or anything else.

Works just as well in your home too. Available at virtually every super market in the country. About $2.75. A wonderful product.
idroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 08:25 AM   #29
2 Rivet Member

2005 28' Classic
Moutain Center , California
Waxing the shower stall that's a great idea! Will try it!
CJ Winch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 09:17 AM   #30
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by idroba View Post
On cleaning: If you have a fiberglas shower stall like my 2014 FC 20, just spray it down with a product called "Clean Shower" after each use. Then you will never have any soap scum build up, and your shower will always look like new along with the chrome faucet. You will never have to clean it. If your shower is dingy and covered with film now, use the Clean Shower for about 2 weeks and then scrub it lightly with a rough cloth and it will come to look like new. Continue to use it and you will never see any more film build up. Much easier than waxing, or walburnizing or anything else.

Works just as well in your home too. Available at virtually every super market in the country. About $2.75. A wonderful product.
You've come up with some good Airstreaming ideas and I look forward to trying this one. I've been waxing it with Glare polish, works pretty good but that stuff isn't cheap. Thanks.

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 10:30 AM   #31
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkottum View Post
You've come up with some good Airstreaming ideas and I look forward to trying this one. I've been waxing it with Glare polish, works pretty good but that stuff isn't cheap. Thanks.
When I got my 2014, the shower was new of course, and looked shiny and great. For some reason unknown even to me, I did not use Clean Shower on it. After the first season it looked dull and used. I started with the Clean shower and after one 2 week trip it looked like new again. Now the shower always looks new as I continue to use it.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:01 AM   #32
Full Time Adventurer

2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
In our 27fter we wondered why there was a seat. It goes over the edge of the wheel well, plus there is a bunch of pipes and stuff for the outside shower and water inlet coming thru there.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:37 AM   #33
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Chelsea , Michigan
Now we know more about everyone's showering habits than we ever thought we would!
Old 07-28-2015, 01:10 PM   #34
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Davidson County , NC Highlands County, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by idroba View Post
On cleaning: If you have a fiberglas shower stall like my 2014 FC 20, just spray it down with a product called "Clean Shower" after each use. Then you will never have any soap scum build up, and your shower will always look like new along with the chrome faucet. You will never have to clean it. <snip>
Found some Clean Shower at the grocery store this afternoon.
Have already sprayed the shower. Really like that the odor is pleasant not offensive like some shower cleaners.
Thanks for the tip!
Old 07-30-2015, 10:29 AM   #35
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
Just remember that with a shower that is already dull from soap scum etc. it will take time for Clean Shower to work. Maybe as much as 2 weeks with daily use. After that, it will simply stay clean.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:45 AM   #36
1 Rivet Member

1996 25' Excella
Sacramento , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRitchie View Post
I've always thought the shower floor had the half seat because of the wheel well but when looking outside the trailer the wheel well finishes under the fridge not even near to the shower. Does AS need to do this for some plumbing or wiring? It would sure be nice to take a shower without that seat in the way.

The 25RB has a full seat in the shower. Must be more difficult to take a shower.

Kelvin
Don't for get that some of use are over 6" and need the set.
cathyjohn is offline   Reply With Quote