Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Sinks, Showers & Toilets
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-19-2012, 11:41 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1964 26' Overlander
Toronto , Ontario
Who's really proud of their new toilet? Tell me about it.

Looks like the original toilet in my 64 Overlander has finally pooped out (sorry). Not sure what to replace it with. Would love to see some pics of what others have done!
wigwag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:03 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
1977 31' Excella 500
Berkeley Springs , West Virginia
Sealand Traveler with Elongated Bowl

I'll have to get you a picture...but I replaced mine with a CERAMIC Sealand Traveler, with the Elongated Bowl, like in a house, for greater room and comfort

It's great. I've never looked back. Far nicer than the plastic piece of junk that came OEM.

lotsaluck,
Old 08-19-2012, 12:24 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1965 22' Safari
Austin , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to chromis
Dometic 310, surprisingly my toilet is the only thing I haven't got pictures of ..
chromis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:40 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigwag View Post
Looks like the original toilet in my 64 Overlander has finally pooped out (sorry). Not sure what to replace it with. Would love to see some pics of what others have done!
Decided to replace carpet around toilet so while it was out might as well upgrade to ceramic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	newtoilet.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	169.3 KB
ID:	166173  
DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:06 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1964 26' Overlander
Toronto , Ontario
Nice, DaveFL!
Old 08-19-2012, 03:10 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

1999 34' Excella
NE Central , Kansas
When the original Thetford Aqua Magic crapped out in my 99, I ordered a Dometic 310. The RV guy came with a Bravura, instead. Next time I won't let them get away with it. The excuse? The 'bolt pattern' is different, and it won't fit in your Airstream. I know differently now, however, and will do it myself next time. The Bravura is a very uncomfortable, by the way. Not suitable if your throne room is also your reading lounge, ha-ha!
Old 08-19-2012, 03:21 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Between Here , And There
Dometic 310

We too replaced our OEM toilet this summer with the Dometic 310. So far we really enjoy it. It is several inches higher which may interfere with opening and closing of the cabinet doors on some Airstreams. Flushes very nice, lots of pressure and the footprint is very small which makes it very easy to clean around. Bolted up to the original flange no problem. Purchased ours at the Good Sam Rally in Louisville after comparing several models.
fltlevel510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:27 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1964 19' Globetrotter
South Kingstown , Rhode Island
When it became obvious that the toilet in our 64 Globetrotter would never flush again, we went in another direction, installing a composting toilet.

Nature's Head Composting Toilets - The environmentally sustainable waterless toilet for Your Boat, RV, Cabin, Big Rig, Barn, Workshop, or Yurt!

Ugly, but no black tank and I think easier to deal with than the bt, in my opinion. Whatever toilet we bought would have to fit in the airline fiberglass bathroom, and I wasn't having too much success finding something that worked with that... I want to replace it anyway.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:24 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

1964 26' Overlander
Toronto , Ontario
Globie64... I was thinking of going that route, too. The other possibility for me, since my sweet, young trailer never goes anywhere (and probably never will), is to just put an outdoor toilet on my site. But if I do that, what in the world can I do with the old one? Put it to another use... hmmm.... planter?
Old 08-19-2012, 08:44 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1964 19' Globetrotter
South Kingstown , Rhode Island
Actually, there was another poster with a '64 and they were good about repairing their different fixtures, including making new seals etc for the existing toilet. They made it work again, I wish I had seen their post and tried to fix mine before turning it into a planter.