Old 07-19-2013, 08:23 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2012 16' Sport
San Bernardino , California
wet toilet showerhead placement in a 16'

My Sport 16 came with a wet toilet. For those who don't know, that means, to save space, the shower is in the same room as the toilet. As a bonus when you take a shower you are also cleaning in and around the toilet.

The shower head is on a long flexible metallic hose that allows it to be lowered near the faucet handles and near the outside door to allow outside showering, like at the beach.

It came with a shower head mount/holder that has peel back adhesive and two mounting screws.

I have avoided installing the holder on the wall because I didn't want to drill holes for the screws until I was sure where to mount it (don't really trust the adhesive).

Anyone done this yet? If so where did you put yours and how do you like it there?

BTW trial and error has shown me that the best way to shower in these is to sit on the closed toiled and hold the hose over you, then finish up when you stand up just before shutting it off. I used to stand the entire time (I am 6"). That was doable but difficult.

Your thoughts and experiences will be appreciated.

Old 05-31-2014, 01:08 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2012 16' Sport
San Bernardino , California
OK I will answer my own questions, since no one else did. I ended up putting the shower head holder to the right, when sitting on the toilet lid to shower. It is just above shower height. Having been dry camping a few times now, I know that water conservation is critical. esp with only 23 gallons in the fresh water tank. This mounting makes it easy to rinse, set the shower head in the holder to wash (after twisting it off to save water), then retrieve it to rinse off. Had I mounted it overhead it would not have been as accessible and I would have to turn the water faucets off, then readjust the water temp each time I used the shower during a wash session.

One caution: if I don't remove the head from the holder while traveling, it bounces out and falls. I've done this twice now. Gotta add it to my checklist.

Hope this helps any other newbies. (Yes, after 2 years, 5 months, I'm still learning.)