Old 04-10-2009, 07:54 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1985 25' Sovereign
2007 27' Classic FB
Lake City , Florida
Vinyl on shower wall

Just bought a 1985 25' Sovereign, center bath. The covering on the shower wall is peeling off. It appears to be a wood panel wall behind this vinyl covering. The covering appears to be similar to contact paper? (Sticky on the back) But with no seams. I want to replace it. What do I need to purchase? Where can I get it? Other threads seem to dance around this topic. Is there something else that is a better "fix"? I'm not a purist--it does not have to be "original". I also want to paint (i.e., change the color) the 1985 yellowish shower pan--any suggestions? Thanks.

Old 04-10-2009, 09:38 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Believe it or not, our 60 Caravel had a woodgrain vinyl wall cover and a pink shower pan. I used a product like this to give it a bright new finish. Bathtub refinishing. The spray on kind gives a smoother finish. I've tryed the roll on kind and I did not like the results. Take out the wall and shower pan. You don't what to spray this in the trailer. You will get a nicer finish if you can lay the wall flat. Peel the vinyl and prep the wall and shower pan per instuctions on product. Take your time prep is the key to this turning out good. If you don't want to DIY there are people that can do this for you.

1973 F-250 4X4 390
1965 Chevy Suburban 454
AIR 6030
WBCCI 4258
TCT

silverleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:09 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1961 22' Safari
Union , Oregon
I believe that the vinyl is doomed to fail eventually. I used FRP (fiberglass reinforced panel) in mine and am quite happy. It is available at lumber yards and comes in several colors. It is about 1/8th inch thick, has a slight pebble grain, and can be applied with a good mastic. It is very durable and I think a panel could out wear two or three trailers.
Sam
Old 04-10-2009, 05:51 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Bubble wall

We purchased a panel of the bubble stuff from Home Depot. It was about $30.00 Its flexible and can be made to follow the curve. It can be cut with an exacto.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:44 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

1985 25' Sovereign
2007 27' Classic FB
Lake City , Florida
Please be a bit more specific so that I know what to ask for when in Home Depot. Thanks.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:11 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
This is what I said, "I need a sheet of that white bubble stuff that you can use in showers." The guy said, "I know where it is "and he went and got it for me. H did refuse to cut it for me saying it would ruin his band saw but the guy helping me cut it with an exacto knife. It is quite thin. I think if you look through the BR refurbishing forum you can find better information. Sorry, I can't be more specific.I also put it up with siily cone (silicone) so far its holding.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:07 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Hello... We used a pieced shower surround... took the vinyl covering off and used contact cement and it has worked great... took the vinyl wall covering off in the bathroom also and used eraser board... looks great... just got home from living in Costalotta for the past 5 months..
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:13 PM   #8

Currently Looking...
1979 28' Airstream Excella 28
Donna , Texas
Send a message via MSN to Glenda78552
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatandLane View Post
Just bought a 1985 25' Sovereign, center bath. The covering on the shower wall is peeling off. It appears to be a wood panel wall behind this vinyl covering. The covering appears to be similar to contact paper? (Sticky on the back) But with no seams. I want to replace it. What do I need to purchase? Where can I get it? Other threads seem to dance around this topic. Is there something else that is a better "fix"? I'm not a purist--it does not have to be "original". I also want to paint (i.e., change the color) the 1985 yellowish shower pan--any suggestions? Thanks.
We have an 82 Airstream Excella and we have painted our rear bath with Sherwin Williams bonding fiberglass paint and have had good results with it along with the latex paint from there. Also want to ask you if you can help me with a problem I am having with my shower. the water is leaking down close to the turn off and on valve it is a Moen that was installed incorrectly from a dealer in Elkhart IN at Tech Works. back in 2000. any help would be appreciated
Old 04-21-2012, 09:46 PM   #9

Dothan , Alabama
Smile

We're you able to find the "bubble sheets" mentioned? If so what were they & did it work? Thanks!
Old 04-22-2012, 03:43 AM   #10
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD FB
We are , Relaxed
In all projects cost get’s to be an issue. What I have seen is clear core acrylic laminates for the wall’s you would get a look that will wow anyone who see’s it the color’s are great and it is suitable for shower stall’s. It is .060 thick the exposed edges can be polished to join at the wall. I would recommend axiom silicone we use it in the solid surface business it is made to join none porous surfaces like corian and one again the colors are great when it comes to calking we apply the caulk in a descent bead then we spray with Windex and wipe with a wilsonart laminate chip that you can get at any home center it will leave a perfect cove and make you look like a pro . attached are the links to the products I have spoke of.

Good luck

Richard Tighe
wbcci # 5617

P.S. if you can't find these items we run a kitchen and bath business and we can get them for you

shower wall's
Advanced Technology

to install caulk
Axiom Caulk Line Instructions

caulk
Axiom

Tags
shower vinyl, shower wall, vinyl