Old 08-25-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2001 34' Limited
Tucson , Arizona
Updated shower stall available from AS ?

So, I'm in the market for a 1990's model '34 Limited and I'm finding some that are in pretty good shape....with one exception, The Bathroom! Specifically, the shower. So, I'm pretty handy and I figure I can re-do a shower stall (famous last words! )
I've searched through 18 pages of threads and see most people are using existing pans (if possible) and then using some form of waterproof flexible material to recover walls. Fine.
I have a question I can't seem to find an answer for, hopefully someone can shed light on it for me....

Would these "updated" parts not be available from an Airstream dealer? By updated I mean replacement fiberglass pan & walls in a package form. Say one of the Limited's I'm looking at has the old vinyl covered walls & aluminum "tracking" in the corners, and I want to update the shower to some nice clean new fiberglass. Is this available from a dealers service dept?
I get it that there really is no 3rd party company making off the shelf stuff, but does Airstream?
I havent tried to call an official service center & inquire yet, just thought I'd drop the question here & get some feedback. Thanks for any info. Todd

truxpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:54 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member
2008 19' Bambi
Windcrest , Texas
I have heard of people using Rhino Liner (white) to re-do the fiberglass in showers. That stuff is bullettproof and I'd bet a whole lot cheaper than going thru the factory to get new stuff. Just a thought.

Silver Dolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:04 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member
1999 34' Excella
NE Central , Kansas
check with out-of-doors mart, they may have the two-piece replacements (they did a while back, anyway). My 99 has the two-piece fiberglass, no metal edges (except the door), no vinyl.
AIR 57698, TAC NM-9.
PhilipKS is offline   Reply With Quote