Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2007, 09:24 PM   #1
revbec

1992 25' Excella
tacoma , Washington
tub/shower wall gap

The wall on the interior side of the shower in my Excella '92 has a gap between the top of the tub pan and the bottom of the shower wall- like a po fell hard into the wall while in the shower. This gap seems like 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch and is only at the bottom where the pan meets wall- can this be caulked? What brand? I have not used the shower because of this gap. Any ideas as to what or why? Thank you in advance for suggestions!
RevBec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:01 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Byhalia , Mississippi
I really don't have an answer to your question, but from what I have seen here, a picture of the problem area will go a long way toward getting you a correct answer. Good luck.

Greg
Roadtoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 07:23 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
Is it really an open gap or does the lip on the top edge of the tub extend up behind the shower wall panel at the gap.
Ganglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 10:40 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2002 25' Classic
Oro Valley , Arizona
My trailer developed a gap on the left (as you face the shower) bottom of the shower where it meets the hallway wall board......I filled it with glue and jacked between the kitchen wall by the pantry and forced pressure to close the gap.

The glue dried and I have no more gap

2002 Classic 25'
2003 Expedition EB 5.4L, AWD, AdvanceTrac Class IV hitch pkg. Reese dual cam/Prodigy
Kistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 06:30 PM   #5
revbec

1992 25' Excella
tacoma , Washington
Wink Thanks for the help!

Thank you for the input- I don't have a digital camera to post pictures, so have done my best to describe. The shower wall board is meant to go behind the lip of the tub, but this dang gap has developed almost like someone leaned on the wall too hard from the inside. I like what you said about glue and a jack- jack in the hallway? What type of glue do you suggest? Thank you again- I always learn when I finally ask!
RevBec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 06:59 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2002 25' Classic
Oro Valley , Arizona
RevBec, I suspect my gap is/was in a different place. My gap was near the floor and went up about 5 inches. It was between the hallway wall board and the base of the shower......not in the shower.

I used good ol Elmer's white glue. Part of the kitchen sink and the pantry are across from our bathroom door. I couldn't move the shower base board to I applied pressure to the hall way wall. I used my bottle jack (laid it on it's side) and a 2 X 4 cut to make-up space and "jacked".

Kistler

2002 Classic 25'
2003 Expedition EB 5.4L, AWD, AdvanceTrac Class IV hitch pkg. Reese dual cam/Prodigy
Kistler is offline   Reply With Quote