Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2015, 12:49 PM   #1
AlamoRunner

2012 23' Flying Cloud
San Antonio , Texas
toilet water supply line leak

On a trip this weekend in the Texas hill country near Kerrville and this morning spotted a new leak in the water supply line to the toilet in our 2012 23 FlyingCloud corner bath. The line is made up of white PVC(?) with black plastic connectors and turns. Our leak is a pinhole in the 90 degree turn behind the toilet on the left side near the flush valve.

I tried drying it and dripping some superglue as a temporary fix but that didn't help at all. I am keeping the water supply shut off at the faucet to keep the leak from soaking the underlying area. There isn't a valve to shut off water to the toilet and leave supply on to sinks/shower that I can see.

Anyone have a similar problem and just repair the line with OE parts or is there an aftermarket fix with better flexibility . These look like non-removable brass fittings securing the piping to the connectors so its not just a matter of opening a hose clamp and pulling out the black 90 and installing a replacement.

The tight quarters in behind the toilet don't make the repair process any easier.

Suggestions welcome, thanks in advance. I searched recent threads, but if I missed one with answers, thanks for directing me to it.

Mark
AlamoRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 01:08 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mission , Texas
toilet water supply line leak

It's probably PEX. In which case you can easily cut out the leak and replace with new.
I'd never use plastic PEX fittings. And even more so, NEVER use hose clamp fittings.
The plumbing on our 75 was "repaired" by some nice guy with tools (not the PO) using hose clamps and every one of them leaked or came apart completely.
nrgtrakr is offline   Reply With Quote