Old 06-20-2004, 09:48 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Red face Toilet Valve Replacement

I am needing a replacement toilet valve for my 1967 24' Tradewind. I'm not sure if the toilet is original, however the tag says Mansfield Sanitary, Inc; Model 910; Serial # 206134. The valve is attached to the side of the toilet & allows water into the bowl when the foot pedal is depressed. Any help would be appreciated. I submitted a photo of the valve in the member section & will try to attach it here as well.

Thanks, Don

[img]C:%5CDocuments%20and%20Settings%5CDon%5CMy%20Docum ents%5CAirstream%5CPhotos%5Cvalve.jpg[/img]

girardblvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 04:13 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by girardblvd
I am needing a replacement toilet valve for my 1967 24' Tradewind. I'm not sure if the toilet is original, however the tag says Mansfield Sanitary, Inc; Model 910; Serial # 206134.
Welcome to the forum!

I wish I could answer your first post with positive information, but I cannot. I seriously doubt you will find the parts you need, and will have to replace your toilet. I had a Thetford toilet in my '67 which needed the same part you do, and Thetford does not sell it anymore.

I decided these companies make more money selling new toilets than maintaining an inventory for a 37 year old toilet.

But, that's probably why they are still in business.

Good luck in your search,
Tom

TomW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 08:59 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Thanks for the information & the welcome - do you have any information on replacement toilet sources? I'm wanting to do as much of the work as I can.

Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcwilliams
Welcome to the forum!

I wish I could answer your first post with positive information, but I cannot. I seriously doubt you will find the parts you need, and will have to replace your toilet. I had a Thetford toilet in my '67 which needed the same part you do, and Thetford does not sell it anymore.

I decided these companies make more money selling new toilets than maintaining an inventory for a 37 year old toilet.

But, that's probably why they are still in business.

Good luck in your search,
Tom
girardblvd is offline   Reply With Quote