Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2011, 03:40 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Kansas City , Missouri
toilet replacement

Anyone have instructions on how to replace a Thedford toilet in a 77 Soverign? The water leaks out of the back of toilet as footpetals are depressed.
mmcpherson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:37 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
I have the same exact problem. I have called several RV dealers and have even down loaded the diagram with parts from Thetford. Here is what I found out. Thetford will not sell you a pedistal for your toilet. You cannot replace the part, because it is molded into the toilet. You have to buy a new toilet. I heard that from Thetford customer service a couple of days ago.

At the moment money is tight and I cannot justify a new toilet. Thetoford is running a 35 dollar rebate on new toilets until August 1st. I could buy with the rebate a new Style II toilet for $188.00. That is the best deal I found. I can get it cheaper on the net but shipping would change all that.

This is what I decided to do. I went to a Marine boat store and bought Tex-mex epoxy repair kit. I have used it before and it works great. I coated the whole water inlet on the outside (except the threads) and I coated the whole inside except the inlet hole that is all the way back. I will hook it up in the next few days and see if it works. I think it just might.

Your toilet is held together by two 1/2 inch nuts on each side. That is it. Pull it out and either try what I did or buy a new toilet. You will need a new gasket the toilet sits on.

Brian
Old 07-07-2011, 05:38 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
What model is it - Aqua Magic...? It may be the water valve - that can be replaced.
Ganglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:06 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
The back of the toilet is the water inlet. Here is the diagram for parts. You can see the water inlet does not have a number because it is molded into the pedistal.

Style II Parts

Now this might not be the toilet he is talking about, but this is what I have.
Brian
Old 07-07-2011, 08:57 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1969 31' Sovereign
Broken Arrow , Oklahoma
I replace my Arora toilet with an Aqua Magic V Hi profile in white.

I found the Aqua Magic V on the Internet for (I think) $129 with shipping $140 and already have the $35 rebate.

Hear again I'm not sure but I think I bought it from Advantage RV out of TN.

Tags
toilet replacement