Old 12-03-2002, 09:21 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
base minus cover

Here's the base in place without the cover in place. Had to remove the secret cover (thanks Argosy guys, had no idea it was a cover) to get it to fit. Now I'm wondering if the lid will open all the way HHMMMM. MUST CHECK
Attached Images

Old 12-04-2002, 01:02 AM   #16

Talking

3M,

And now... ENJOY

Ron

Old 12-06-2002, 07:45 PM   #17
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1977 20' Argosy 20
Charleston , West Virginia
Send a message via Yahoo to ViewRVs
I am also the proud new owner of a sporty Bravura. I took it out to get a look at it. The photo below shows the pop out front that gives you easy access to the flange nuts on both sides.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bravura.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	981  
ViewRVs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 08:35 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
Heirs to the throne?

I'm glad others are upgrading like me Finally finished - much nicer seat room. Problems
1) Have someone ready to turn off the water pump when you hear sssshhhhhhhssshhhh (that's the sound of water spraying everywhere
2)If the above happens, push down the pedal halfway - that will allow the water to fill the bowl, but not dump out everywhere.
3) It's ALOT easier to hook up the H20 line before you bolt the toilet down.
4) I learned too much about different thread sizes/types. It should have been an easy hookup, but the PO had replaced the water inlet with a 3/8" taperhead supplyline. The toilet has a 1/2" thread "pipe" threading. After trying various adapters, I got smart and removed the line to the shutoff valve under the cabinet. I had another 1/2" "pipe" thread fitting here as well (both males). After trying for a couple of days to get the right braided hose in the toilet department, I found success, a 1/2" pipe to 1/2" pipe 30" long braided hose in the dishwasher, washingmachine section. NOW it was an easy 2 minute hand tighten job - TADAA!
5) As mentioned before, the seat does NOT open to 90 degrees, only about 85-88 degrees without the "hidden shelf" cover in place. I'm just going to cut out the shelf and fill in the holes. It wouldn't bother me with the shelf, but just in case the inlaws come.......
Old 12-07-2002, 02:03 AM   #19
2 Rivet Member

Hi all,

Your bath looks the same as my 20 foot Argosy trailer. My toilet has already been replaced and that cover to the hidden compartment is missing.

I need to wait until spring before I see what water problems I am going to have.

On my trailer I noticed the PO had plugged the air circulation around the shower. This was done by massive amounts of silicon at the bath-kitchen boundry. I think the furnace is supposed to draw air through the area that contains sink supply and drain. I would like to hear other comments on this. Right now my appliances are removed, and I can make the hole larger that goes to the bath. This is something I picked up in reading many messages. It might not even be true. Any feedback appreciated.

Jim
Old 12-07-2002, 02:06 AM   #20

My older AS has no grey water tank, & the black water tank is (I think) under the floor level.
I think I found a good way to solve 2 problems.
I will install the new thetford toilets with removable black tank (you need to have a small door outside to remove)
Then, I open the dump valve and install an other one a few inches lower.
The grey water will back up in the old unused tank. Voila!

Grey water tank problem resolved
Ease of dumping the black water tank without hook ups resolved

These new Thetford toilets can be seen on their website and come in 2 styles, with own water tank or using the existing water lines. They equip 99% of all European Trailers an Motorhomes (even the 100000$ + German Hymer .

Ron
Old 12-16-2002, 01:55 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

I was looking at the newer Winnebago small (tiny?) Realta motorhome - the successor for the LeSharo. The toilet in it appeared to have the offset lid like the original Argosy toilet. I couldn't do any measurements since it was more or less permananetly installed and in a dealer's lot, but it might be worth investigating more.
A friend also mentioned that I might check out the local marine stores for both toilets and holding tank manufacturing experts. It seems that the holding tank in every boat made is different than all others. Just like snowflakes. The boats have at least as much of a problem with their holding tanks as land-based vehicles.
Old 02-18-2007, 03:21 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1972 27' Overlander
cass , Texas
Thanks for the pictures. It helped me so much. What a tight space! Removing the water line was the toughest part of it.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:51 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

1972 27' Overlander
cass , Texas
Any good ideals what to do with the old one? My Uncle said to replace it with the mail box.