2000 25' Safari
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Sounds like two leaky ones now...

Old 01-17-2008, 09:10 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 24
Tempe , Arizona
rebuilt mine

The aqua magic in the Argosy was easy to rebuild. The whole thing came apart and was easy to refurbish. A replacement would have been a lot more work.
The reason I dug into it was a little washer in the back on what looked like a mechanism to pass water into the toilet after flushing was jamed in the air relief at the top. Fixed that and generally went through it. I rigged up a connector for my garden hose so I could test it and after it was up to snuff I reinstalled it. It works fine.
I'd do it again if I had to.

Charter Member Four Corners Unit

WBCCI #2417
flitzwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 03:35 PM   #17
bilby05

1962 24' Tradewind
1962 24' Tradewind
Canyon , Texas
Toilet part #2

Removed the toilet today. Not really too bad a job, once you soak the bolts with a rust softener. (almost a stool softener, but not quite) Found it to be in better shape than I expected. The thick rubber ring seal has seen better days, but does not seem to have leaked. The metal flange is quite rusty. Enough that I first thought it was plastic cracked to pieces. Turned out to be enamel cracking off the metal surface. The metal flange appears to be attached to the tank opening with screws, or phillips head bolts. I plan to remove the ceramic bowl from the plastic base next. Gotta get the wife to help on that one. Someone has to catch the springs that are likely to pop out when the two are separated. Possibly take action photos to track them back to where they go. :-) I really would like to keep the original toilet, it being ceramic, but there are certainly advantages to new ones. I could get the tall one without having to add a spacer. The new ceramic ones are rather costly. The saga continues.
cheers, bill b.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #18
1 Rivet Member

1968 30' Sovereign
Palm Springs , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilby05 View Post
Removed the toilet today. Not really too bad a job, once you soak the bolts with a rust softener. (almost a stool softener, but not quite) Found it to be in better shape than I expected. The thick rubber ring seal has seen better days, but does not seem to have leaked. The metal flange is quite rusty. Enough that I first thought it was plastic cracked to pieces. Turned out to be enamel cracking off the metal surface. The metal flange appears to be attached to the tank opening with screws, or phillips head bolts. I plan to remove the ceramic bowl from the plastic base next. Gotta get the wife to help on that one. Someone has to catch the springs that are likely to pop out when the two are separated. Possibly take action photos to track them back to where they go. :-) I really would like to keep the original toilet, it being ceramic, but there are certainly advantages to new ones. I could get the tall one without having to add a spacer. The new ceramic ones are rather costly. The saga continues.
cheers, bill b.
So then what happened?????

Need to replace the exact same model in my 68!