Old 04-27-2015, 08:44 AM   #15
3 Rivet Member

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Manheim , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len n Jeanne View Post
We did have good luck with that, thanks. We recently took our new Flying Cloud for a 6 week maiden voyage, during which time several this 'n' that things went wrong/broke. (Like the lock on the exterior storage compartment and one of the claw hooks on the awning.) Our last overnight stop was our dealership (Airstream of Spokane) who fixed everything promptly without charge.
Yes the dealer does great warranty repair. I was talking about getting work done by another RV dealer under warranty.

Old 04-27-2015, 01:17 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Wichita Falls , Texas
A non-Airstream dealer probably doesn't want to mess with a claim with a company they don't have a business relationship with so I would expect to pay for the repair and then submit a claim to Airstream, hopefully for full reimbursement. I'd call Airstream first to see what this process is prior to getting the repair.

Kelvin

Old 05-01-2015, 09:13 PM   #17
Len and Jeanne

2005 16' International CCD
2015 19' Flying Cloud
Creston Valley , British Columbia
Funny, but we were just at Airstream of Spokane (our nearest dealer) on Monday-Tuesday, to handle a recall notice (bolts securing the propane tank) and to upgrade the boondocking capacity of our batteries. They let Airstreamers park on their lot for free overnight, so we took advantage of this to get their 8:00 a.m. Tuesday appointment. (Our local border crossing doesn't open till 7:00 am, and then it's a 3-hour drive.) We noticed a leak around the toilet area! AS Mechanic Doug handled it quickly-- apparently it was due to a loose valve. Nothing serious. No charge. Hey, we're under warranty.

Apparently AS Central prefers, if your AS is under warranty, that you get their approval prior to their authorizing repairs at some other RV service center, but honestly-- sometimes an Airstream dealer is hundreds of miles distant from where the problem occurs.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:29 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Manheim , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsmblue View Post
@Jukeboxfun I had the same issue. Did it happen during a cold snap? I am going to add one of those to the "spares bin"...

I should have tried to get it replaced under warranty, I just went to Amazon as we had a trip planned...
No we just picked our trailer up a couple a weeks ago, it hasn't been that cold. I think these may break due to the fact the water supply connection is not a flexible hose? I will check it for leaks again after our next trip.