Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2012, 03:15 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Sacramento , California
Talking Toilet for Bubble

Hi Everyone --

This may be a long shot but does anyone have an original tiolet for a Bubble? Thanks

Phyllis
philly53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:28 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1955 16' Bubble
claremore , Oklahoma
bubble toilet

Phyllis,
My 1955 Bubble's original toilet was missing when I purchased the trailer,and its just as well. They were "park toilets" which had no holding tank.(with the small compartment it was in(bathroom),it would be awful hard to mount a holding tank also)(there's also VERY little room between the floor and belly pan for one) I chose a Thetford "Electramagic",which is a airline style toilet which recirculates treated "degerm" fluid. It can be used anywhere and just requires a 12V source for flush.(low current draw)Why have a toilet that can't be used along the road and MUST be hooked up to a dump in order to use?....walt...tulsa,ok
walt c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:12 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Sacramento , California
Thanks, Walt for your input. I understand what you are saying; however, we like the look of the original toilet. Most likely, we will have to go with something modern but wanted to at least check here. Thanks, again

Best regards
Phyllis
Old 07-24-2012, 06:45 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1955 22' Flying Cloud
mapleton , Utah
Hi Phyllis, I actually do have the original porcelain toilet from my 55 fc. Kind of a midget flush toilet, not made for a black tank. you are welcome to it if you can figure out how to get it home (for a little guy its pretty heavy). I also have the seat and cover which would require rebuilding but have absolutely none of the valves or other plumbing. Walt is right when he says that these are not really practical for an on the road tt but it would be just fine for an extra bedroom/home office unit. wont be going back into mine anyway
tim
rumrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:23 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

Sacramento , California
Hi Tim --
Where are you located? I am in California so it may be costly to have it shipped. Thanks

Phyllis
Old 07-30-2012, 06:00 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

1955 22' Flying Cloud
mapleton , Utah
I'm in Mapleton, UT about 45 miles south of Salt Lake City
rumrunner is offline   Reply With Quote