Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Sinks, Showers & Toilets
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-10-2010, 03:48 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
Arboles , Colorado
Toilet-Aqua Majic 30 leaks water into bowl

Well I'm exhausted looking at all these posts for answers. I can't seem to find anyone who's had this problem. My 72 Tradewinds has been a project! The toilet appeared to be okay except after flushing, some water continues to leak into bowl from rim. I cleaned the flapper area, made sure the pedals don't have a foreign object stopping their travel, took the vacuum breaker apart, etc. If I leave it be the bowl will be full of water in a couple minutes! Thought I'd contact YOU before looking into a new toilet. Thx!
2coldnpagosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:30 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
Chatham , Ontario
I would take the control apart and look!
There is a control valve at the rear of the toilet, where the water line connects, that the front pedal actuates. Likely you have a bad seal in there. Before you go out and buy a new toilet, take the old one off and investigate the innards of that control. (you will have to take it off to replace it anyway)
It could be something a simple as an o-ring, but it shouldn't be too hard to see just what stops the water in there. You will probably get more informative answers from those that will know where you can get rebuild kits for the various toilets.

Loris

EDIT:
Look here http://rv-roadtrips.thefuntimesguide...let_repair.php
Old 09-10-2010, 05:35 PM   #3
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2coldnpagosa View Post
Well I'm exhausted looking at all these posts for answers. I can't seem to find anyone who's had this problem. My 72 Tradewinds has been a project! The toilet appeared to be okay except after flushing, some water continues to leak into bowl from rim. I cleaned the flapper area, made sure the pedals don't have a foreign object stopping their travel, took the vacuum breaker apart, etc. If I leave it be the bowl will be full of water in a couple minutes! Thought I'd contact YOU before looking into a new toilet. Thx!
The toilet "water control valave" is bad.

Once the toilet is removed from the floor, you will see the cause of the problem.

Those valves are still available.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:46 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
Arboles , Colorado
Thanks for such quick reply's. Glad to hear that valve is available. I'll check with Inland first!
Old 09-10-2010, 08:47 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
Arboles , Colorado
P.S. I did remove the toilet, placed it on the bench and set it up to work with garden hose and regulator. It isn't evident that the valve is bad though its very visible.