Old 10-03-2010, 09:40 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
Bromsgrove , Worcestershire
Good on yer girl.

I've been battling that flange for weeks and am still to remove it.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:52 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1955 22' Flying Cloud
Boulder Creek , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV H-D Lady View Post
Thanks Rich. It appears to be about 4" deep, possibly across the whole width along the back wall. I've been pretty good with my home improvement projects removing the old stuff, then hiring someone to put it all back, right. I'm saving all the threads and responses I find and receive either for my furture reference or to pass on to my repairman. At the moment my helper is my 80 y/o mom. She's really good at cleaning, making drapes and cheering me on. Mom has a really good carpenter who has done quite a bit of work on her house. He's going to make us a new kitchen counter top and I'm sure he can handle the bathroom projet too, if I can't.

Thanks again. I really appreciate the time you took to write this all out for me.

Sally

PS I removed my first two rivets yesterday, so there's no stopping me now!!
I like your plan, and I wish I had a helper who could make drapes and cheer me on. Sounds like a great help. It may be helpful for you to read the thread called http://www.airforums.com/forums/f44/...ons-35399.html

Lots of great info on structural work, and some of the best resto/renovations on the forums.
Best to you,
Rich the Viking

Old 10-03-2010, 02:15 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1976 25' Caravanner
Vintage Kin Owner
Campton , New Hampshire
If you tank a dremel tool with a cut-off wheel on it put it in the drain about 3/8" down and cut it off. The drain fittings are replacable and you won't damage the shower pan.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:52 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 24
sun city , Arizona
"I like your plan, and I wish I had a helper who could make drapes and cheer me on. Sounds like a great help. It may be helpful for you to read the thread called http://www.airforums.com/forums/f44/...ons-35399.html

Lots of great info on structural work, and some of the best resto/renovations on the forums.
Best to you,
Rich the Viking"

Thanks again Rich. that's a great lnk. I'm looking forward to checking it all out. I learn new things everyday about this AS site, just like I learn new things about my Argosy everyday.
------------------------------------------------

"If you tank a dremel tool with a cut-off wheel on it put it in the drain about 3/8" down and cut it off. The drain fittings are replacable and you won't damage the shower pan".

Thanks ticki2. But I got it off this morning. I know I sawed through the drain pipe threads. I just kept telling myself, "there's a fix for everything!!"
Tuesday I'll go back, remove a bunch of rivets and then hopefully pull out the shower pan and the sink and cabinet. And then I'm going to remove every rivet that used to hold on the old refrigerator scoop vent.
Monday I'm going to Harbor Freight for a jig saw and a dremel tool and a bunch of drill bits. = )
Old 10-03-2010, 03:56 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 24
sun city , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefy View Post
Good on yer girl.

I've been battling that flange for weeks and am still to remove it.
I was about convinced mine was Super Glued on. Good luck!!