Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Sinks, Showers & Toilets
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-07-2008, 12:00 PM   #1
Bambi Hunter

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Los Angeles , California
SOB broke my Aqua Magic III toilet!

My '77 Argosy has the Aqua Magic III toilet, and it's in pretty good shape. I made the mistake of allowing an SOB camper to use my head and now, the hand flush mechanism has water spewing into the air (and ultimately on the floor) when it is flushed. The water comes through the opening in the top (the translucent hard plastic unit right under the hand flushing turn knob) and appears that the mechanism to close the opening is not functioning properly. Some of the water is diverted into the bowl, but more is an unwelcomed shower.

I've checked for repair kits. However, I wanted to be sure I'm getting the correct kit. Is it the ball valve that needs to be repaired?

Can't say the SOB is fully responsible, but it's fun to blame them anyway. Thanks.
Tim
Tim Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:16 PM   #2
USN/LAPD Retired

2005 25' Safari
North Las Vegas , United States
Tim, Tim, Tim, why would you allow anyone else other then another AStremmer to use the commode? Shame, shame on you ~!

"Better to have more then you need, then need more then you have because you don't have enough!"
AIR #: 8129
Safari-Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 01:04 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Maybe you could use it for a bidet. Tres chic.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:39 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Can View Post
My '77 Argosy has the Aqua Magic III toilet, and it's in pretty good shape. I made the mistake of allowing an SOB camper to use my head and now, the hand flush mechanism has water spewing into the air (and ultimately on the floor) when it is flushed. The water comes through the opening in the top (the translucent hard plastic unit right under the hand flushing turn knob) and appears that the mechanism to close the opening is not functioning properly. Some of the water is diverted into the bowl, but more is an unwelcomed shower.

I've checked for repair kits. However, I wanted to be sure I'm getting the correct kit. Is it the ball valve that needs to be repaired?

Can't say the SOB is fully responsible, but it's fun to blame them anyway. Thanks.
Tim
Some parts are still available, but only from dealers that are familiar with your vintage toilet.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:21 AM   #5
Bambi Hunter

Los Angeles , California
...And the winner is...Bidet! Thank you all for playing.

Rick, I should have known better, but they snuck in while I was out hiking. I better check the walls to make sure they didn't stretch the aluminum trying to find a "pushout".

Well Andy, if you can't direct me to the right part to fix the toilet, looks like I'll be forced into having the freshest derriere in the park. I'll have to watch my back during our performance of "YMCA"!

Tim
Old 09-10-2008, 09:16 AM   #6
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
...And the winner is...Bidet! Thank you all for playing.

Rick, I should have known better, but they snuck in while I was out hiking. I better check the walls to make sure they didn't stretch the aluminum trying to find a "pushout".

Well Andy, if you can't direct me to the right part to fix the toilet, looks like I'll be forced into having the freshest derriere in the park. I'll have to watch my back during our performance of "YMCA"!

Tim
When you "touch" that cast base, be prepared for it to crumble.

Next problem, is that cast base has not been available for about 38 years.

Change the entire toilet now, and save yourself much grief.

Be very careful which one you select since you will also have to modify the fiberglass bench, to make your selection fit.

Andy
Old 09-10-2008, 06:20 PM   #7
Bambi Hunter

Los Angeles , California
Thanks Andy. That seals it. We only "parle vous frances" from now on. Those without a bidet are simply uncivilized.

An Airstream without a bidet is like an SOB without a geothermal gyroscopic satellite tracking station. Wouldn't be caught drunk without it.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:41 PM   #8
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In View Post
When you "touch" that cast base, be prepared for it to crumble. ... Andy
Most true! My dad has an older SOB Class C. The toilet had turned into plastic junk, and I had to get him a complete new one.

The good news was that I found him a brand-new (NIB) one on E-bay for a darned good price. It was just dumb luck that I happened onto E-bay at that point.

Lynn
Old 09-10-2008, 07:03 PM   #9
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Thanks Andy. That seals it.

Wouldn't be caught drunk without it.
Me either.

Andy