Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2019, 08:10 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Shower to Black Water- 2019 27FB Signature

Surprise.

With all of those Airstreamers complaining about clogging up their Black Tanks with Bat Mounds below the toilet... RELIEF has arrived if you wanted it or not.

Our Shower drains into the... Black Tank. Not the Grey.

There is a swivel of some kind over the shower drain. The walkthrough pointed out that the shower drains into the black water tank. I checked again and it sure looks like the drain has the option to Open to dump grey water into the Black, AND close to prevent Black Water vapors from entering the trailer.

For us... probably not an issue. For those who drop regularly digested meals into the tank... most likely will solve your clogging and mounding issues.

A cure is just add five gallons of 'slosh water' to cleanse and irrigate your regular bowl movements to avoid those facilities at Service Stations and camp grounds that bother the germ phobic members of a sterile society.

So... if you are looking for a new trailer, or late model... check it out. I will have to see if this is true... but apparently... some of you are probably... well, confused.

I will pour water into the shower drain and see if it comes out the... well, you know ... the poop and pee outlet.
Old 09-07-2019, 08:29 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Providence , Senior Electrical Engineer
We have a 19 25rb serenity. I wonder if the DNA is the same and a similar setup was done.

I assume this is a good combat for a poop pyramid....LOL.
kittmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 08:33 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Hendersonville , North Carolina
Shower to black tank

Somewhere in the owners manual that came with your new AS is a plumbing diagram. Maybe it will show drain lines.

BTW, Welcome back and enjoy your new Airstream. Happy travels.
uraljohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 09:59 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittmaster View Post
We have a 19 25rb serenity. I wonder if the DNA is the same and a similar setup was done.

I assume this is a good combat for a poop pyramid....LOL.
The Shower is probably the largest provider of water into the Grey Tank. Now only the bathroom and kitchen SINK are used, and we use a plastic 'oil change pan' that fits into the sink to wash dishes, hands and when getting full gets the toss out the door.

I will check the size of the grey water tank in our new 2019 27 foot International Signature. If it is the same... someone should have calculated their error and made the SINKS the source of fresh slosh water into the Black Tank. Not the shower.

I think it was a poor idea, but then again... many would think an Airstream owner that pees in the forest is scaring bear and mountain lions from their habitat and hunting grounds...