Old 07-27-2005, 07:21 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member
1976 Argosy 28
Shower space...

I am new to this site. WE have a 1973 Arosy 22 foot. We use it quite regularly and really enjoy it's look. We were camping in Ontario Canada and had a few people say how cool our trailer looked It just got a fresh paint job last winter. Sorry getting to my question. We do not use the shower in the bathroom and wondered if anyone had done anything with space there. Currently, we just store food supplies there. I wondered if anyone had an idea for using that space for another cupboard or to add more space? We also have put a rubbermaid tote there and store our bedding for when we camp. Any thoughts would be welcome! We did get some ideas for our sad looking cushions, any more thoughts at that would be nice too! THANKS

phibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 11:40 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1964 26' Overlander
1974 31' Sovereign
Milton , ON
We don't use the shower in our trailer either. When we first got it and I was trying to figure out where we would sleep 2 adults and 4 kids I was tempted to take out the bathroom fixtures and turn it into bedroom space, but my wife didn't like that idea, and having thought about it some more I think she's right (as always!). We use the toilet occasionally in the middle of the night, but the pipes to the shower and sink need to be replaced and I haven't got around to doing that yet. I'm also afraid that if I take it out and then decide at some point to sell the trailer that it would be worth less without the bathroom. Right now we just use the shower for storage.

DavidsonOverlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 11:47 AM   #3
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
Hi - and welcome to the forums. We have a similar setup. We store big stuff in the shower, guitars, lawn chairs etc...
1964 Overlander | '08 Touareg V6
Current Project: 1964 Globetrotter

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 12:51 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
I use the shower , sometimes, but do store our roller blades, my guitar, folding camp chairs,fishing rods when travelling. Our motorhomes especially have limited storage options.
I think a rubbermaid type storage unit in there is a good idea...maybe velcro to keep it in place when moving.
1966 Overlander
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 06:48 PM   #5
Still Working
1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
Me too

I store lots of things in our shower like........

Soap, shampoo, tooth paste, conditioner, tooth brushes, shaving cream, razors etc............

I could not imagine not having a shower available to use.
I love to cool off anytime I like. Especially right after I break camp, and before I get on the road. Did I mention that we live in the south?
All you have to do is roll up one electrical cord and store an awning and you are wet with sweat!
smily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 06:55 PM   #6
Rivet Master
1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
I'm from the north and can not imagine being with out my shower. I am not going to say that we have not used it for storage as was said about our MH we do find our storage where we can. But the idea of giving it up forever is unthinkable.

Chaplain Kent
1994 30' Excella 1000, Chummy III- Ford Excursion- 7.3 Turbo-diesel
Chaplain Kent is offline   Reply With Quote