Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2015, 11:01 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2015 30' Flying Cloud
Westport , Connecticut
Shower not draining

Hi everyone:

We're down to the wire; 2 weeks til I head out.
We are trying all the systems and have discovered that the shower drain doesn't completely drain. Which led us to the manual, but, phew, that manual is great in some instances, but this is not one of them.

We snaked the drain and came up with only a little hair and some sediment. Now, quite honestly, we don't know what to do. I'd love some advice:
put something down the drain to clear it?

Additionally, we thought we ran the water from my house long enough to fill the fresh water tank but the sensor is still reading 'empty'. That can't be so, unless I am completely missing something.

Advice greatly appreciated.

Kira
KiraR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 11:08 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 39' Land Yacht 390 XL 396
Common Sense , Texas
On the shower drain, you must either have a clogged drain, or a full grey water holding tank.

On the fresh water metering, I've got bad news for you as those systems are notoriously inaccurate and problem prone.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:20 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Davidson County , NC Highlands County, FL
If the shower is not draining at all, and you have a place appropriate to dump it, open the gray water valve to make sure the tank is not full. If that is not the problem, I would add water to the point there is a few inches in the shower then use a toilet plunger vigorously until something gives.

If the shower is draining slowly, it could be that the vent is clogged or the drain pipe is partially clogged. I had a squirrel storing acorns, into the roof vent. Took a while to get those out.

Sanitizing the fresh water tank might help remove algae that could be interfering with the sensors (if that is the problem). Completely drain, sanitize the entire fresh water system with chlorine bleach, drain, refill, flush all lines, drain, refill.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:42 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1998 30' Excella 1000
Livingston , Texas
You said "shower drain doesn't completely drain". The word "completely" makes me think you may be looking down into the trap and seeing the water level just below the shower floor. In my 30' that is normal. The spill-point for the trap is just below the floor level.
Siegmann is offline   Reply With Quote