Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2016, 12:30 PM   #1
RFP
Rivet Master

2014 23' International
Hurst , Texas
Should I be looking [harder] for a leak?

Our Airstream sits right outside our home on the driveway. We love it there, and are always finding "reasons" to go out for a visit.

So, when the trailer has been sitting with NO water "activity" (no city water hook up, pump turned off, no faucets opened) for three or four days, If I turn the pump ON, the pump will gently run for a second or so... certainly no more than that.

If I do the same test within a day or so, the pump doesn't run at all... it has to sit with no "activity" for a few days before the pump will just go on for a second and right back off.

If I leave the pump ON, there is no cycling... at least not within the time frame I'm willing to leave it on and monitor the situation.

So, my question [finally]: is this super-short "run" normal for a system that's been sitting for a while, or should I be looking harder for a leak. As I suggest, I've looked everywhere I can look in this thing, even used my moisture meter liberally... no indication of a leak.

Thanks,

Rob

Fortune Cookie: https://www.flickr.com/photos/rfpd30...57663633667345

"The Black Swan": https://www.flickr.com/photos/rfpd30...57648991024725
RFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 12:35 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
I my experience, that's pretty normal. Even a small leak will cycle more frequently. You are probably leaking down a bit back through the pump check valve. You have no leak if it goes days between cycling.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote