Old 03-12-2008, 05:18 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member
2005 31' Classic
Sunrise Beach , Missouri
Originally Posted by RangerJay
Just to follow-up on this thread.

Not sure whether anyone else has been looking to replace this piece but here in Canada I had a heck of a time finding a replacement "shower swivel" without buying the entire shower unit. Once I started looking through U.S. websites things got a lot easier. I just received today a new swivel from Van Dykes Restorers in Mitchell, South Dakota. It is inexpensive and much superior to the swivel that came with our trailer - metal, not plastic.

If anyone is looking to replace theirs, and having trouble finding a supplier, you might check out:
Hand Shower Swivel Connector Specialty Bathroom Plumbing Parts Bathroom Kitchen and Bath from Van Dykes Restorers

Thanks, Jay. I just ordered a replacement for our Classic with the same problem. Appreciate your help.

wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:18 PM   #16
Rivet Master
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Glad I'm not alone on shower droop. I'm thinking of epoxying a piece of plastic about two inches big to the wall just below the shower head to hold the flexible pipe to the head and keep it upward. If I use Locktite, I may never get the shower head apart if necessary. I'll probably try a washer first, but I'm afraid of cracking the unit.

Now another issue—when I move the slide to shower off, it continues to run a bit and becomes very hot. There seems to be an imbalance between hot and cold water under lower pressure. Any ideas?

Gene is offline   Reply With Quote