Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-22-2011, 07:35 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Now that is a big deal with sink covers. We had both covers bounce off our previous double sink on a rough road, without collateral damage. We stowed them after that and do the same with the cover on the new trailer.

A few folks have liked the double sinks on their Classics, even spending a small fortune to upgrade for that reason. They must be larger than the doubles on the other models which are more suited to a child's playhouse. We found it a pia to wash full-sized dishes in the Safari doubles, so bought smaller cookware and dinnerware.

You can easily adapt to either style, but I sure wouldn't pick a trailer on that criteria.

doug
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:56 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1982 34' Limited
Brunswick , Georgia
I have the double sink. The only thing I dont like is they are very shallow- only 7" deep. I havent seen the round sinks but it sounds like they are deeper.
WBCCI #3321
TAC #GA-24
c_lewis77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:03 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Okay, just measured the round sink, 8" deep and 16" diameter, both measurements inside.

doug k
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:11 PM   #24
Antiquepedaler

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Laramie , Wyoming
Round "lobster" sink preferred over the double because of its large size. Store the lid under the mattress at the foot end. Never notice it there.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:59 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Austin , Texas
Love my lobster bowl sink. As stated by other posters it's deeper, and wider. Plenty of room to was my big pans, and stacks of dishes. We frequently cook for large groups and a smaller sink wouldn't work at all. I've had two Airstream trailers with the round sinks, and one motorhome with the double shallow sink and I can honestly say I love the round ones. My cover gets stored in the upright inside of the closet so it takes up virtually no room.

I wonder if you can either let her try one out, possibly at a rally or special order a trailer without it?
ASwifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:03 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
Our Safari has a double sink, and I really like it. Suppose if we had the round sink we could work with it, but for my 2cents, I will stay with th3 double sink. Plus in our TT, I really do not find the sinks to small.
sempi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 06:17 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_lewis77 View Post
I have the double sink. The only thing I dont like is they are very shallow- only 7" deep. I havent seen the round sinks but it sounds like they are deeper.

The single round sink is very deep and large, and is really plenty of wash space.

I'd measure ours for ya, but our baby is off in storage due to some obscure local ordinance which disallows parking in our driveway off-season.

The sink is large enough, with the sprayer nozzle, to bathe a small child or dog, if one were so inclined.

Our sink didn't come with a cover. We use the dishpan within, with its' natural vertical space above, to hold the hand soap, dish wand, cantaloupe, pineapple, peaches, thawing meat, or anything else you don't want bouncing around whilst driving.

We created extra counter space with a lovely burner cover on little legs, glass with a black/white/grey marble-ish cover that stays put when traveling.

Agreeing completely with dkottum, I wouldn't pick a trailer based on the sink. Making compromises and adjustments is a daily part of being on the road in your beautiful Airstream.

Got to start somewhere, and the layout and visual appeal of your unit overall is the biggie, IMO.

Maggie
Old 12-23-2011, 06:38 AM   #28
Rivet Master

2009 27' FB Flying Cloud
1982 31' International
1991 35' Airstream 350
Jay , Oklahoma
I'll add one to the like vote.

We hide dirty dishes under the cover until wash time, too. The teflon cover makes a handy cutting board for limes during happy hour.

Washing dishes has evolved to filling the sink with just enough water to get things covered, and then washing and rinsing as you go. We carry a collapsible dish strainer and one of the thick dish dish drying mats. All works great, and it all folds away.

jdalrymple is offline   Reply With Quote