Old 01-02-2015, 06:30 PM   #29
1 Rivet Member

2009 23' International
Milford , Michigan
Put pin in from behind faceplate and behind wall with NN pliers. Just don't lose the pin behind the wall.

Patience on this situation makes all the difference.

Old 01-03-2015, 08:05 PM   #30

2006 22' International CCD
Northridge , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simoneau View Post
After dewinterizing this year I have a slow dribble from the shower even when it is turned off. I think maybe the cartridge needs to be replaced. I've gotten this far:

Attachment 213716

I think the next step is to remove the pin, but it's behind the shower wall. I see other references in this thread to this problem which suggest removing the whole thing, I can't figure out how to do that.

Also, as far as I can tell there's no way to access behind the wall with my layout.

Attachment 213717
Attachment 213718

Could somebody point me in the right direction?
I worked on the same issue this weekend. I found that if you push the valve in you can rotate the plastic piece to a position where the valve comes forward to remove the pin. Look closely at the white plastic "saddle" some notches are bigger than others. Rotate 90 degrees till you find the larges opening to let the valve come forward.

Old 02-28-2015, 07:03 PM   #31
2 Rivet Member

1971 31' Sovereign
Lake Minnetonka , Minnesota
I'm having issues with my shower temperatures, turning the handle left or right doesn't change the temp, but does this replacement help with water pressure also? I replaced the head of my shower because i thought the original was clogged, but still there is very little pressure, its a heavy drip instead of flow.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:51 PM   #32
2 Rivet Member

2005 19' International CCD
Campbell , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyAir View Post
I worked on the same issue this weekend. I found that if you push the valve in you can rotate the plastic piece to a position where the valve comes forward to remove the pin. Look closely at the white plastic "saddle" some notches are bigger than others. Rotate 90 degrees till you find the larges opening to let the valve come forward.
JohnnyAir - Thanks for the tip! I was trying to replace my cartridge and couldn't figure out how to get that pin out. Rotating the white plastic piece did the trick.
Old 10-18-2015, 03:57 PM   #33
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
laguna beach , California
I called Moen because my plumber told me that they would warranty the valve replacement. They were very helpful and are sending the new one out immediately!

Ford F-350 crew cab 4X4 diesel, 25' Jack Bauer edition AS
Old 08-07-2016, 12:25 PM   #34
2 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
Inyokern , California
Ours is a 2005 Bambi with exactly the same problem. The stop plate prevents the valve from being pulled forward so as to reach the spring retainer on the Moen cartridge. An AS expert advised that I need to enlarge the hole in the shower wall. What finally worked for you? Got pics? Thanks a million rivets!

Richcrest
Old 08-07-2016, 05:12 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Hi, I have also had this problem with my trailer's shower. On mine, because the clip is inside of the shower wall, I had to totally remove my shower valve, to remove this clip, to remove the cartridge. In this video and in Moen's instruction sheet, It states that you can install the cartridge upside down. Unlike stated above, the only thing that will happen is that when first turned on, it will be hot, and cooler the farther you turn the handle. [instead of cold first and then hot]
Quote:
Originally Posted by richcrest View Post
Ours is a 2005 Bambi with exactly the same problem. The stop plate prevents the valve from being pulled forward so as to reach the spring retainer on the Moen cartridge. An AS expert advised that I need to enlarge the hole in the shower wall. What finally worked for you? Got pics? Thanks a million rivets!

Richcrest

Hi, remove the entire valve assembly. Sorry, no pictures.

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 05:39 PM   #36
3 Rivet Member

1976 29' Ambassador
Fitchburg , Wisconsin
Keep in mind that Moen items have a life time warranty. Just look up the faucet model number on line and call the Moen customer service number. They'll want the year purchased and in our experience send a new part free of charge. It isn't next day fast but a great deal if you have the time.
Dennis
Old 08-07-2016, 05:58 PM   #37
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
If a Moen faucet is "working backwards just remove the handle turn the valve stem 180 degrees, and put the handle back on. It will now work correctly.

Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums
2012 shortbed crewcab 4x4 Toyota Taco TV with more antennae on it
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:55 PM   #38
2 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
Inyokern , California
"Remove the entire valve assembly" entails cutting a hole in the shower wall at least 3 inches square. Seriously?
Old 08-08-2016, 11:29 PM   #39
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by richcrest View Post
"Remove the entire valve assembly" entails cutting a hole in the shower wall at least 3 inches square. Seriously?

Hi, I know some trailers are different; Mine is located in the bathroom sink cabinet. It needs to come out of the back side of the shower. Some trailers also have an access panel to get to the valve assembly.

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 05:06 AM   #40
4 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
Loretto , Ontario
There is only a couple of different controls. Take your old one to Home Depot or Ace they will have free replacements just ask some one in the store.
Old 08-09-2016, 02:30 PM   #41
2 Rivet Member

2005 19' International CCD
Campbell , California
Richcrest - If your "2005 Bambi" is a "2005 19" with the rear corner shower, we have the same trailer and the removing the clip holding the cartridge looks impossible. But, the clip can be removed using JohnnyAir's solution... "I found that if you push the valve in you can rotate the plastic piece to a position where the valve comes forward to remove the pin. Look closely at the white plastic "saddle" some notches are bigger than others. Rotate 90 degrees till you find the larges opening to let the valve come forward." Good luck with your project. ~ Ken
Old 08-11-2016, 01:08 PM   #42
2 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
Inyokern , California
Ken S---So did you tie a string or something on that plastic collar so as to not have it fall into the wall once the cartridge was removed?