Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Sinks, Showers & Toilets
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-19-2014, 12:14 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2004 22' International CCD
2015 30' International
Box Elder , South Dakota
replacement faucet (and showerhead) for wet bath?

Soon, I'm going to have to replace the discontinued pull-out faucet in my 2004 22' wet bath. The sink faucet pulls out to become the showerhead. The model AS used to use appears to be discontinued, and it wasn't very good to begin with. If you've done this, what have you replaced yours with? It needs to extend, and ideally needs a toggle to stop the water flow without shutting the faucets off (when soaping up, to conserve water).
The faucet I want to replace is the "Fontana Portofino Pull Out Faucet" that used to be made by ITC.

Thanks!
lbdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 05:23 AM   #2
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Do you need to replace the whole thing, or just the shower head? I ask because not long ago, I had to replace the sprayer on my exterior shower. It was easy to find a handheld shower head by itself that had a shutoff. But while I was seatching for that, I didn't see very many whole faucets with a spray head that had a shut-off.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:34 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2004 22' International CCD
2015 30' International
Box Elder , South Dakota
Hi Protagonist,

I actually just replaced the head only, and yes, I was able to find a new head only online. The old one twisted off, and the new one screwed onto the hose perfectly, and that was great. But in a few years, I doubt I'll be as lucky again, as spare parts dwindle, so I want to be proactive, by knowing what I can replace the whole thing with, so that it'll fit into the sink pedestal and work as Airstream intended the bathroom to function.
But if it has to be a "regular" little sink faucet, with a shunt to a spray head, so be it.

(And I saved the old head, just in case...)
lbdesign is offline   Reply With Quote