Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Sinks, Showers & Toilets
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-22-2018, 10:41 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

White Bear Township , Minnesota
Replace foldable sink in kitchen?

We are looking into getting an Airstream soon and some of the models we are looking at have the foldable sinks. I’m not too keen on these but my husband says we can replace these. Is this true? I don’t care if we lose out on counter space by removing the foldable portion, I’ve just been reading about how it sometimes leaks and I don’t want that. I would just prefer a regular faucet.
Meadowlark52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:48 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
I think you're referring to the fold-down faucet under a glass top often used instead of a "residential style" sink.

I agree they are annoying and don't believe they do anything but add inconvenience, chance of being inadvertently turned on if the glass top contacts the handle, and just look cheaper. A regular faucet with sink cover does the same thing as the glass top and looks much better.

Someone replaced theirs (in an Interstate, I believe). So yes. I can be done.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:58 AM   #3
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
Not sure what you are describing, but it sounds like a faucet assembly. You can pay the dealer to do a replacement or DIY the project. Lots of folks upgrade their coach with features that help them enjoy the RV lifestyle a bit more.

Also, different production year and different models will have other components or configurations. Spend a lot of time looking at what is available. Late model trailers are getting more features that coaches from the past. That can make them a bit more complex, but some of the upgrades improve the RV considerably.

Good Luck on your AS review. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 11:26 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 28
Springville , Alabama
You can buy them online under marine folding faucet. I just purchased and installed one in my popup. (Still working on the airstream) [emoji106][emoji1]