Old 11-02-2004, 09:36 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member
1983 34' Limited
Las Vegas , Nevada
Send a message via MSN to dmadam
Remove toilet to to put in new tile

I am laying new linolium in my center bath '83 limited and need to lift the toilet. Do I need to disconnect the water? There is a metal plate at the base. Can I just undo that and go from there. Any ideas.

Retirement happens when you get over the illusion of usefullness.
dmadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 02:05 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member
In my International, the toilet is connected to the floor with several threaded bolts that project upward from the floor. These bolts pass through holes in the base of the toilet, and nuts are threaded onto the bolts to secure the toilet to the floor.

If I were redoing the bathroom floor, I would disconnect the water line, unscrew the nuts on the bolts in the base, lift the toilet and put it aside. In my case, it is probably a 10 to 15 minute job if the water connection and the nuts are not corroded tight. If they are corroded, then it would take a few squirts of WD-40, a couple of beers and credit for an hour-and-a-half extra time in hell to pay for all the cussing.

Airstreamer67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 03:30 PM   #3
Rivet Master
1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama

Would your International happen to be an Overlander? I have a shower curtain/door problem I need to compare notes with. Please email me if you don't mind helping me out as I am unable to contact you directly.

TomW is offline   Reply With Quote