Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2014, 07:39 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1969 21' Globetrotter
Dexter , Michigan
question about black water plumbing parts

Outfitting a resto-mod AS. Starting from scratch.

I purchased an above the floor combo shower pan toliet base. It has an above the floor black tank. But the black tank is really small. I have also purchased two 25 gallons waste tanks from Inca. One for black, one for grey water.

My plan is to place a slide valve below the above floor tank, and then run 3" to the 2nd tank. The idea is to use the second tank as a backup. When the first is full, pull the valve, drain it the second, and then close the valve.

I think the parts from the bottom of tank one to the second tank are: (1) valve (2) 90 (3) length of 3" pipe (4) another 90. Looks like I also need a hub for each side the Valtera slide valve.

Here's my question, sorry if its a dumb one. Looking at Valtera parts, I don't see a plain 90 or any 3" pipe. Is there a reason for this? Or is that one assumes you just use regular 3" PVC you can by at the hardware store?
type901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 08:29 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1964 26' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
most of the time the waste valves are black or white abs or pvc. That's the tricky part, they can be ABS or PVC, and they can be black or white. You'll want to see what the material is, then you can use your standard hardware store plastic connections for everything else. Usually, you don't mix black and gray water. Black tanks fill up slower, and you can dump gray water in different places than your black tank waste.

Rob.
robwok is offline   Reply With Quote