Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Sinks, Showers & Toilets
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-16-2006, 11:45 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2005 30' Classic
Sacramento , California
Possible shower leak in my '05

I have an '05 30' Classic that I bought used from an Airstream dealer in May. I took it out this week for my first trip/shakedown cruise. What a fine machine! Tows like a dream (as did all my other Airstreams!), very comfortable, exellant fit and finish, I mean I'm really happy....except...water is appearing on the floor in front of the shower. And it doesn't appear to be running down the outside. Where the wood meets the lino below the shower door it appears to be wet and starting to get black mold. I'm unloading the trailer and I'm going to pull up the bottom of the closet and see if I can look behind that front wood panel and see if its wet and see if there's water back there. I'm hoping it's not but I've got until November on the warranty so I need to get it looked at if something is leaking.

Also, there seems to be water standing in the shower drain just below the opening all the time, is that normal?
Old 06-17-2006, 02:18 AM   #2
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I forget where the leak is, but it's pretty common. A few folks have had this leaking shower issue and a bit of caulk seems to fix it. Others could speak better to the actual location.

As for the standing water in the drain, that is normal. It is a pipe "u" trap behind the the drain you see.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 04:07 PM   #3
30' 1999 Excella

Kingwood , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Tin Diesel
behind the valve?

we just completed a 'on the road' fix for something similar while camping in Colorado. Found the front of the shower floor wet. Finally tracked it down to the spot where the water line from the on/off/mixing valve goes through the shower wall to the flex-hose that connects to your shower head (assume you have this?).

In our case, the coupling from the PEX hose to the flex-hose has simply snapped, and the connection was loose. Wasn't hard to fix with the right tools and a new PEX fitting.

Had to remove the panel inside the closet that's next to the shower to find the leak. Then it was EASY!!! Wow, water was pouring out, dripping down the shower wall, under the outside shower (behind the wood panel) and then seeping into the carpeting in front of the shower.

Good luck.
Tin Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote