Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2016, 12:59 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1989 32' Excella
Sharon Springs , New York
NIBIC Shower assembly/ no hot water, HELP!!

Had the common issue with no hot water in the shower(lukewarm). After checking out the forum and watching a Utube video on changing the AS Moen shower faucet cartridge I started the task of repair. Upon disassembly of my shower faucet, I found what I believe is a non-Moen system. To get it apart the control knob slid off the faucet stub (no allen screw) and two 2" screws threaded into the faucet's main cast metal assembly holding it to the shower wall cover. There was a large brass colored metal threaded ring holding the control stub/valve assembly to a plastic insert which was solidly attached to the main metal casting. The only info on the casting was the name NIBIC and the word SHOWER. It appears that this is an OEM piece as the poly(gray plastic) plumbing and clamps are consistent with the rest of the unit's plumbing. Has anyone heard of this manufacturer and are repair parts available? If not, can I go to a big box and buy a home shower unit to replace or do I need an RV specific shower faucet and what is the difference between the two? I had great success with using the SHARK-BITE plumbing connectors to connect poly to PEX when installing a new toilet so I would hope to be able to do the same in this case, any advice/info would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
James
MAJORJDB is offline   Reply With Quote