Old 07-18-2014, 04:08 PM   #15
Rivet Master
1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
Remember my statement about the mobile home I lived in which frequently lost water pressure and sucked air into the lines when I opened the faucet? That suction is what the vacuum breaker halts, the vacuum which can and will in fact suck water uphill against gravity.

I certainly understand that the thread has wondered off subject from the original question. And I most certainly have done unsafe things myself, sometimes out of ignorance, sometimes to solve a problem right now which had no other solution. But to leave the impression that the vacuum breaker device is an unnecessary piece of equipment which may be left off with no consequences is something I think is not wise.

idroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:31 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member
1991 29' Excella
Colorado , Colorado
My hose is ok, the male to male plastic connector / back flow preventer, is destroyed, so I will place an order from Airstream & wait for it to come inů.

The other connector suggested as a replacement is a male to female connection so it won't work without adding some modifications, so I will wait to get the right part.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions...

T Reno is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off