Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Sinks, Showers & Toilets
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-26-2017, 02:33 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2004 25' Classic
Montreal , Quebec
Moen Kitchen Faucet Issue

I am the original owner of a 25 foot 2004 AS Classic equipped with a Moen PureTouch flitering kitchen faucet model 8026. It has worked very well over the years … until now. Getting ready for our 2017 summer season I was changing the MicroTech 600 filter and let the spout head soak in white vinegar overnight to descale and clean it. Once the spout and aerator cleaned and the new filter inserted I slipped everything back into the lower spout assembly and lo and behold, water was coming out of the filtered water nozzle (unstoppable), as well as the aerator, around the head connector ring, out of a tiny pre-drilled hole just below the aerator and the place where the plastic head connector ring clips into the lower spout assembly.
I’ve learnt that this model faucet has been discontinued and parts seem very difficult to find. I’d rather fix it than change the whole unit. Can anyone provide help or advice? Thanks!
Daniel LOUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 02:46 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
I live near one of the Moen factories and have found Moen to be very helpful in obtaining parts. As a result, I use mostly Moen stuff in my house now. I suggest you go to their website, find a contact, and ask them for help. They may surprise you.
Larry
lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 03:08 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
There was a recent thread with a similar faucet.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f163...ng-167557.html

Might be a better investment to replace the unit?

Good luck,

Peter

PS -- Using the blue search box above here are the search results on this site, for Moen faucet:

https://www.google.com/search?ei=7Xh....0.MIzW1psJmS0
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 09:59 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1976 29' Ambassador
Fitchburg , Wisconsin
Moen has a lifetime guarantee on their faucets. They had parts for our 13 year old unit and replaced them for free. Try calling customer service. It helps to have the model and year of installation.
Dennis
dennis3751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:43 AM   #5
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
Moen replaced mine some years ago after I found they no longer supported the filter in the unit. It wasn't FREE however. I think they charged me a small amount to cover shipping and service chgs. Something in the area of $50 or so. The replacement one has been trouble free now for 5/6 years or so. Looks the same and has the pull out spray head which the filtered model did not have.

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:58 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2007 23' Safari SE
Madison , Wisconsin
Send a message via ICQ to slpiotro
I had the same problem this year, could not find parts locally. Called Moen, their service folks sat on the line, helped me find parts from Amazon etc. made sure they were correct, and I ordered and got them in days. Installed, fixed and on my way. Rubber and plastic wear and get clogged, so I was not surprised (2007) after several years of use they needed replacement. I was greatly impressed with Moen help for out of production product.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:56 PM   #7

2002 30' Classic
Northville , Michigan
Send a message via Skype™ to diver7150
Moen Puretouch faucet

The PureTouch faucet spout has electronics in it. there is a battery compartment that holds a 2032 battery (bout the size of a nickel.
Is this what you had soaking?
My 2002 Classic has the same Moen faucet.
diver7150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 03:23 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2003 31' Classic
Terra Alta , West Virginia
To jump into the thread...my 03 Classic has probably the same faucet. ..no filter that I can see but has the sprayer. I have a weak stream at kitchen but all is ok at bath sink.
Thoughts? I have never gotten into this faucet to see how it works. Electronics is for what?
Thanks
Dave
wvstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 03:33 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2004 25' Classic
Montreal , Quebec
Thanks to all for your input. I'm waiting for a reply from Moen and hope they'll be able to help. I'll post the results.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:04 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
When a Moen faucet failed in our (residential) bathroom I found the faucet was discontinued when I called Moen. They emailed me a list with pics of replacements they were willing to send me free. One was a virtual copy appearancewise.... I rec'd it in 4 days, no charge...easy replace.
Boxite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 05:31 AM   #11

2002 30' Classic
Northville , Michigan
Send a message via Skype™ to diver7150
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvstreamer View Post
To jump into the thread...my 03 Classic has probably the same faucet. ..no filter that I can see but has the sprayer. I have a weak stream at kitchen but all is ok at bath sink.
Thoughts? I have never gotten into this faucet to see how it works. Electronics is for what?
Thanks
Dave
The PureTouch kitchen faucet has a filter in the spout. To get filtered drinking water you push the button at the top end of the spout. There is a small light that indicates the status of the filter (good, marginal, need to replace). This light is powered by a small (nickel sized) battery. I replaced my faucet last week, fortunately I found one on the internet. 15 yrs old but still in the box and never installed. They have been out of production for about 15 yrs.
diver7150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 02:31 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member

2004 25' Classic
Montreal , Quebec
So my Moen PureTouch kitchen faucet is sooooo discontinued that even Moen doesn't have the parts I need. Looks like I'll have to change the entire faucet, and install a below-the-counter filter system as well as filters built into the spout are no longer available. I've made it functional temporarily with silicone caulking and good old duct tape. Now off to the hardware ...
Old 08-06-2017, 06:38 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Peculiar , Missouri
Moen Kitchen Faucet

Our kitchen faucet seemed to start leaking recently. I called Moen, and our faucet is discontinued, but parts are still available, and I should have them (no cost) in a few days. If they don't fix the leak, I'll have to see whats they offer...
drew05 is offline   Reply With Quote