Old 11-19-2011, 07:23 PM   #1
Rivet Master
2006 23' Safari SE
Dallas , Texas
Leak at brass elbow in pex line behind toilet

So it looks like my leak is at the brass elbow where my fresh water line makes the 90 degree turn to go up to the flush valve on my Aqua V.

Is there a way to tighten the connection or does it need to be replaced?

have done some pvc sprinkler repair but not too familiar with what i guess is PEX?

Name:   topview.jpg
Views: 1384
Size:  603.1 KB

Name:   sideview1.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  596.6 KB

Thanks in advance.

Goal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:52 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member
1972 25' Tradewind
Madison , Wisconsin

You have Seaquest (or similar snap fittings---white one near the top). These only require a firm push to seat a good cut piece pf pex----no tools!

You can also get 90' turn versions and valves that do not require banding tools. Go to your nearest RV repair facility---camping store etc. They will have a catalogue. a couple feet of 1/2 pex, some replacement fittings and you will be becimes self evident as you do it

Rip out the area from the seaquest on down....maybe the valve. replace with the snap on fitting. The replacement will be more flexible. Read some of the plumbing threads. My first pex job was the AS. I even color coded the hot & cold. Shark bite are another though heavier fitting you could use (Home depot--Lowes etc.)

Smokin Camel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:26 PM   #3
Always learning
1972 29' Ambassador
1962 19' Globetrotter
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Central , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Top
Hi Goal,
The PEX crimp rings you see can be re crimped if they were not properly crimped in the first place. If the PEX tubing is cracked or split, it needs to be replaced. If the brass elbow is cracked, it needs to be replaced. Special crimping tools are required for the type of PEX fittings you have in your trailer. You can use "Shark Bite" or "SeaTech" fittings that require no special tools. They work well for small repairs such as what you have here. Good luck!

Work is never done, so take time to play!
Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:32 PM   #4
Rivet Master
2006 23' Safari SE
Dallas , Texas
Thanks Top

Hope your daughter's regionals went well.

Piney Woods was great, looking forward to meeting you somewhere down the AS road.

Goal15 is offline   Reply With Quote