Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2016, 04:58 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1966 24' Tradewind
versailles , Kentucky
Laveo dry flush toilet

The harder you look the more problems appear. We had a new black tank pan fabricated by a friend. It is gorgeous - no really- it is. We ordered parts for repair of the black tank valve. So as we prepared to move forward with the plan lo and behold the tank has a crack. We inspected it thoroughly when we removed it. Obviously we missed this. So last night after some expression of frustration and discussion of the term "money pit" I started researching options. Found this Laveo dry flush toilet Anyone with experience with these? Definitely pros and cons. One con being the ongoing cost of the replacement cassettes. But a great pro is no black tank. Solves one of my problems. I would love to hear some real life experiences with this appliance. And opinions of course.
http://rvlife.com/waterless-rv-toilets/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	457.8 KB
ID:	265119  
hippiechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 08:06 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1966 24' Tradewind
versailles , Kentucky
No answers on this so continued to research it and decided to try it. The measurements are really close for it to fit into the fiberglass surround in the bath. Ordered from Home Depot online. They will deliver to the local store with no delivery fee and we have 90 days to return in unused condition. Again we can take it to the local store with no shipping fees. Hopefully we can work this out.
hippiechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 07:06 PM   #3

1971 21' Globetrotter
Tampa , Florida
So, how's it goin?

Hi Hippiechick

I cant believe you got no responses from your post about the Laveo.

I am planning our renovation and the Laveo DryFlush is currently at the top of our list. Call me crazy but dumping gray water sounds a LOT better than dumping the other stuff.

How do you like it?
Team-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 07:48 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
Baltimore , Maryland
$1.27 per flush...

https://www.envirotoilets.com/produc...ack-of-three-3

Might be OK for occasional recreational use, but I think a package composting toilet would be far more practical in most cases. For full time use with two people, I use one $3 brick of Coco coir about every two weeks.
TheGreatleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 10:39 PM   #5

boulder , Colorado
Composting toilet

I'm thinking about replacing the toilet in a new Bambi with a composting toilet.
(these toilets have separate "buckets" for solids and liquids. The solids bucket has a throw away bag, and you put a little peat moss, crushed coconut or similar dry material.)
Does anyone have experience with this type of toilet? Are there particular difficulties removing the existing toilet?

Thanks,

Tipidad
tipidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 06:57 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipidad View Post
I'm thinking about replacing the toilet in a new Bambi with a composting toilet.
(these toilets have separate "buckets" for solids and liquids. The solids bucket has a throw away bag, and you put a little peat moss, crushed coconut or similar dry material.)
Does anyone have experience with this type of toilet? Are there particular difficulties removing the existing toilet?

Thanks,

Tipidad
Cue ORTA15.......

Old 11-25-2018, 06:59 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Oh never mind, I'll do it:

Enter "composting toilet" in the blue search box at the top of the page. You'll find several threads on this.
Old 11-25-2018, 10:35 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

1971 27' Overlander
Kansas City , Kansas
I looked at them for a while. dig deep deep deep enough into the reviews and it seems that after month or so of use, most want to return it.
Shermy1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 11:57 AM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
St auguatine , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiechick View Post
The harder you look the more problems appear. We had a new black tank pan fabricated by a friend. It is gorgeous - no really- it is. We ordered parts for repair of the black tank valve. So as we prepared to move forward with the plan lo and behold the tank has a crack. We inspected it thoroughly when we removed it. Obviously we missed this. So last night after some expression of frustration and discussion of the term "money pit" I started researching options. Found this Laveo dry flush toilet Anyone with experience with these? Definitely pros and cons. One con being the ongoing cost of the replacement cassettes. But a great pro is no black tank. Solves one of my problems. I would love to hear some real life experiences with this appliance. And opinions of course.
http://rvlife.com/waterless-rv-toilets/
I did search for Laveo and so your old post. Did you install? Really interested in your experience. I have used the Laveo in a shower tent for my guests ( and as back up for me) for the last three years and love it! The first year I used it for three continuous months before having to charge the battery.
carpenc is offline   Reply With Quote