Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Sinks, Showers & Toilets
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-20-2014, 04:43 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
1 , Washington
Kitchen Sink Sprayer & Water Pressure

After de-winterizing and setting up camp, I plugged into city water. I must have forgotten to flush the kitchen sink sprayer with anti freeze, because it POPPED right off which created old faithful in in my galley. I turned the water off to see if I could fix it, but it looks like a small plastic ring that holds the sink sprayer on snapped in a clean line. I am now looking for a new kitchen sink sprayer hose/fitting for my sprayer. Anyone know where to get one that will fit the airstream plumbing setup?

I'm concerned with the water pressure when using city water. I went to flush my toilet soon after cleaning up the geyser mess, and water sprayed out with ferociousness! Again, old faithful only in my bathroom. I filled up the fresh water tank and disconnected from city water. The pump works well and everything works really well just using that, but it would be nice to be able to hook up to city water and go about my business. So,

Do a lot of people have to use pressure regulators for their city water intakes? Before I go out and buy a regulator, has anyone had this same issue (sink sprayer and toilet) I tried to do a search of these forums but it was tough to narrow it down to one that fit what I'm asking... Thanks in advance for your input
T1NCAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:22 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Chelsea , Michigan
Pressure regulator

I'm not sure about 2005 model year units, but I do know that more recent units have a "city water" pressure regulator built in. If your unit (a 2005 I believe) has a pressure regulator built it, then adding another one wouldn't do you any good. I would check with your owner's manual, AS or your dealer to see if your unit has a pressure regulator before doing anything else.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:47 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
Yep, pretty sure your unit already has a pressure regulator. Airstream has used them since at least the late 60's and maybe earlier. Of course, like anything else, they can go bad but it is not all that common, unless they have been frozen.

The sink sprayer should be a common hardware store item. Take the old one in to get the correct size. It is not an Airstream exclusive. You could have trouble getting the old broken parts out though.
idroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:36 AM   #4
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
If you use a charcoal filter at the service pedestal, to filter the water before it enters the hose, that will help to reduce water pressure as well as filtering the water, because some pressure is lost forcing the water through the filter media. But it's more of a supplement to a pressure regulator, not a substitute for one.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:57 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
1 , Washington
Thanks, haven't figured out the pressure problem yet (except that a water pressure regulator is pre built in) however I removed the kitchen sink sprayer hose assembly today. It looks like it is a quick disconnect black piece that seems pretty hard to find. The closest match I have is part # 52381 written on it.

After a google search it looks like it could be a delta sink part. I will be calling them in the morning to see if I can order/replace it. And I'll be taking this 8 dollar "replacement" with brass fittings from lowes back to lowes. Just in case anyone runs into this problem in the future...I'll post what I find out.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:49 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
1 , Washington
It's a Moen sink part, and it is no longer being made. Luckily I understand plumbing (enough) and will put a different fitting on the hose other than the quick disconnect part that I spoke of.

I figured this out after long talks/hold times between Delta sink, Airstream dealership/services department and finally Moen.

Just in case anyone else finds themselves in this situation, hopefully you find this thread and is eases the process.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:23 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Castro Valley , California
My 2005 Class A has a pressure regulator on the city input side so I have not worried about excessive input. I used to carry a pressure gauge and have found up to 80# input at some places, but I don't even bother checking now.

I also replaced my kitchen sink fixture with a design where the spout is on the hose and pulls out, now a pretty common design. That let me fill the hole in the counter with a detergent pump, so no more little bottles floating around.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:34 PM   #8
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
Moen usually stands behind their products. In our 2001 model the kitchen sink faucet had a built in filter. Last year I was able to get a replacement and install it at the beginning of the season. This past fall I was not able to get one. They no longer make them and they replaced my faucet with a new one ( not free but not much ). The new one looks like the old one but with a pull out spray head. Not a separate hose and sprayer and no built in filter.

Now if you are in immediate need this won't be of much help.

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:16 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Castro Valley , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarlyse View Post
Moen usually stands behind their products. In our 2001 model the kitchen sink faucet had a built in filter. Last year I was able to get a replacement and install it at the beginning of the season. This past fall I was not able to get one. They no longer make them and they replaced my faucet with a new one ( not free but not much ). The new one looks like the old one but with a pull out spray head. Not a separate hose and sprayer and no built in filter.

Now if you are in immediate need this won't be of much help.
I had replaced the filter several years ago when I bought the moho but changed the fixture so I could add the soap dispenser.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:42 AM   #10
4 Rivet Member

2011 30' Flying Cloud
Arvada , Colorado
My experience in looking for replacement parts for our Moen sink sprayer was that you call them and they send you the parts - no charge. They stand behind their products.
Jack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:34 AM   #11
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
ottawa (greely) , Ontario
I'm thinking your original problem was the sprayer froze and so did the toilet plumbing these are two areas that if not winterized properly will freeze , I always use compressed air to blow out all water then put antifreeze in fresh tank and pump it in the lines ,hoses ,flush toilet etc any fixture, I don't think you have a water pressure problem but again I'm not there to check it out! Just my 2 cents

Don
2012 silverado ext cab 4x4 ,5.3 L , 6 speed trans,3:42 final drive,tow package standard box 6 1/2 foot . 2014 honda forza 300 scooter, #2 2015 honda crf 250 L (Dual sport)
scamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:16 AM   #12
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
The issue is: Moen no longer supports the filter in the faucet. They do not make them any more. I happened to find my 2 spares but not until after I replaced it so I handed them off to another Airstreamer when we were in Florida in March. Just wanted to see them not go to waste. But, you all are correct they do offer good service for their products. I think they charged me $50 or so and replaced the whole thing with a non filtered faucet.

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:58 PM   #13

2015 30' Flying Cloud
Rexburg , Idaho
Kitchen faucet pressure 2015 flying cloud

Opening up trailer for spring and find poor pressure in kithen faucet but good pressure in connected hand sprayer. Hand sprayer works off of the main kitchen faucet (Moen) and is temperature and on/off controlled by main faucet. But very little pressure in main faucet on pump. Have not tried city water, yet.
Cottrell1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:02 AM   #14
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
Baltimore , Maryland
Sounds like your aerator is clogged. Unscrew the aerator from the faucet and rinse it out, then put it back. That will most likely solve your issue.

In the future, you could probably start a new thread for a question. The thread you posted in is three years old.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Airstream Forums mobile app
TheGreatleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:37 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Or, you can continue a conversation with a new question.

Keeps similar and related issues together in one thread, rather than spread out amongst numerous.

Maggie