Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Sinks, Showers & Toilets
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-23-2006, 11:02 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Kitchen Faucet Repair

Hello,

Just got back from Afghanistan and I am getting STREAMER(1986 31'Sovereign) back on the road. However, while flushing the systems a leak surfaced at the neck of the Kitchen Faucet. I attempted to tighten the nut at the base of the water tube and cracked it in the process---crome plated plastic-- ugghh. I have been unsuccessful at the hartware store and the local RV Parts locations. Does anyone know where the hardware might be found to fix it.

Thank You HH
hhessig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 02:30 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1998 31' Excella 1000
South Berwick , Maine
I noticed that many original kitchen faucets are not standard Moen, Delta, P-Fister, etc. so parts may be hard to find. Many good hardware stores and places like HD/Lowes carry replacement parts. Personally, unless you're really attached to it, the faucet is 22 years old. You can purchase a new, all metal, chrome plates brass, single lever for very few $$. I bought mine at HD, single lever with pull out sprayer. Eliminated the hand sprayer and ended up using the left over hole for a pump soap dispenser. It was on large display at HD, inexpensive, not a name brand, but looks/works great and doesn't get the use of a household faucet - not even 10%. So maybe after 15-20 years I'll have to replace it again - actually looking forward to it in 20 years.
peegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 03:16 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
2021 33FB Classic
Colleyville , TX
Welcome home and thanks!