Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Sinks, Showers & Toilets
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-29-2006, 08:02 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Bell Canyon , California
Just inherited a 1964 24ft land yacht

It seems everything needs to be replaced. Need a new axel, floor, the toilet is broken from the tub, the airconditioning still works although needs coolant. Where should I start the floor? And in replacing the floor anything I need to know? And what about the tub. The tub is intacted but has broken from the toilet cover? Any suggestions out there. But all and all, I am very excited!
fzgrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:13 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1960 24' Tradewind
santa barbara , California
Welcome fzgrab,congrats on the new 24ftr .search the threads (many)
on the floor repair/replacements here on the forums as you will need to
research all the great info and pictures you will find there.I suggest begin by
removing the interior of your coach ,taking photos all the while of how it all goes together for later .you can search around here and ask questions from everyone for whatever you might need .Everyone is very helpful .The axles and all you can research on the axles threads also.Cherokee rv in colorado has 2 airstreams in for parts ,do not know the years,they might have the
tub you need .

Good luck in your new adventure ,and get some photos posted on low resolution from your digital camera ,low pixle counts will post .

Scott of scottanlily
scottanlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 11:03 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
ooh!

I'm so jealous of people who inherit them!!

If you take pictures and reduce the pixel size to 640 by 480, they usually post fine. Pictures!!

Look in the "floor repair" thread also.

ingrid
1967 24' Tradewind #19104 ~ Forums #4449
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 11:09 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Floor repair and others...

Hello and welcome to the forums!

My husband did a complete frame off on our 1963 Bambi and he posted lots and lots of detail and pics. Here is a link to his thread... I would suggest you get a fresh cup of coffee and sit down and skim through it all... will help you know what you are in for!!!

http://www.airforums.com/forum...mbi-17925.html
Just jump in and start, sooner you begin, the sooner you finish and get to go camping! You will not regret it! The folks in this forum are awesome and very helpful!

Good luck! Post pics right away of "before"!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis)
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:23 AM   #5
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
and don't forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzgrab
It seems everything needs to be replaced. Need a new axel, floor, the toilet is broken from the tub, the airconditioning still works although needs coolant. Where should I start the floor? And in replacing the floor anything I need to know? And what about the tub. The tub is intacted but has broken from the toilet cover? Any suggestions out there. But all and all, I am very excited!
While budgeting for all this, remember, most of these will have to be done again in another 40 years....

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 09:24 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Bell Canyon , California
Things are going well

I have removed the jerry rigged not original toilet. Unfortunetly the entire floor is wasted around the old toilet. I am looking for a toilet that will be compatable with my black tank. I think the Therma Brava will work. Any suggestions? Oh, ya apparently, the previoius owner, whild putting in the new toilet cut the underbelly of the trailer. After getting under there I cut the cancer from the rear bumper 3 feet forward and removed the floor above. Would like to buy a toilet and fittings today and repace same and the floor and move on. Where to buy toilet? Thanks for your response. Will take pictures today.
fzgrab is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags