Old 01-07-2019, 07:06 AM   #15
1 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
Earlysville , VA
Inline filter on kitchen sink

It seemed that no matter how much Teflon tape I put on those connections, or how tight I turned them, we ended up with water on that shelf. I, too, do not use that filter. For drinking water, we bring bottled. My solution: I went to Home Depot and bought a 3/8" quarter turn water valve with a Shark bite connector, and I cut all that filter line completely out, and connected the cold water side to the valve and the sink line to the valve. Now, Voila, no more leaks.
BoMan

BoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 08:38 AM   #16
1 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
tampa , Florida
When we purchased our 2016 FC 25 the dealer at our orientation suggested we remove the under the sink filter and utilize an outside filter which we have done. As a previous responder to this thread stated we also use the same outside filter while filling our internal water tank. Also, instead of using chlorine/chlorox we use white vinegar solution to sanitize our internal tank once or twice a year. There is virtually no after taste.

fclewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 10:04 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Little rock , Arkansas
Inline filter kitchen sink

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnijman View Post
You can also use the more easily found and less expensive Camco filters by buying inexpensive brass thread adapters from your local plumbing contractor supply store. Take the old filter and the new filter in and they’ll sell you the correct thread adapters. Cheap and easy.

Here’s the filter used on my 2016 FCFBT
Pentek GS-10RO-B 10 inch x 2 inch... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007KDYFW4...o_pop_ma_share

It’s the 1/4 inch thread and I reused the adapters
Dtrentr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 03:01 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

Livingston , Texas
This thread inspired me to look for the filter in my 2019 FC 27. As hard as I look I can't seem to find one, which leads me to believe I don't have one, which is fine by me, as I use an outside filter when hooked up and filling my tank as well as a Brita pitcher for coffee and drinking.
Old 01-13-2019, 01:54 PM   #19
tamiot

2004 25' Safari
Tallahassee , Florida
We use the Camco outside filter (between the water hose and a short hose to connect to the AS inlet). The one thing I really like about this is that I like to store my filter in the fridge at home after a camping trip so I can use it again and again, until I feel that it's been "used up." Otherwise, if it stays connected under a sink during disuse, it's going to get stale and possibly moldy, no?

Actually, now that I think about it, instead of a short hose that connects to the AS inlet, my husband made a little set-up with pvc piping that connects to the inlet and goes down to about 5" above the ground and that is where the filter connects. I think his idea was to keep any high winds from whipping the filter and/or hose into the side of the AS.

I couldn't add a pic to this reply, so I changed my profile pic to show the connection. Just click my user name, then see public profile and it will pop up.
tamiamiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 02:10 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2017 22' Sport
NCR , Ontario
we use a high flow filter for the whole trailer
plus
a triple filter just for the sink
it has its own low flow tap
used for drinking water

i tapped the main sink cold water
and the sink tap is otherwise unchanged
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	drinking water triple filter.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	331613   Click image for larger version

Name:	drinking water filter connect and shut off.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	331614  

waninae39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 09:39 PM   #21
Obviously-NOT

2017 30' Classic
Kalispell , Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMan View Post
It seemed that no matter how much Teflon tape I put on those connections, or how tight I turned them, . . .
Just fyi,

petroleum jelly works great as lubricant and thread sealant for plastic connections, especially for those with orings and such.

Teflon tape is a thread lubricant, but not sealant. Good to help threads engage fully, not seal threads or compression fittings.

Gorilla torque on plastic is sure to cause more problems, either sooner or later.

Those factory connectors have a wee silicon gasket in the middle which can be buggered up if not set correctly. And none of the big box stores sell the same fittings to replace it.

I liked the cut out and replace solution.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181003_091929.jpeg
Views:	20
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	331651