Old 07-15-2006, 02:22 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
1969 31' Sovereign
quitman , Louisiana
Cool I need a shower

ok so i probably do need a shower- but what i really need is a new faucet for my tub that has a shower head attachment-- anybody know where i could get one-- the original faucets in my 69 Sovereign have been removed and replaced with a sink faucet that really doesn't work right and i really think there was a shower head of some kind because of the rings and hooks on the wall- appreciate the info--- later-- k and j

artisan765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 04:34 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
1973 27' Overlander
1977 23' Safari
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
my Overlander had a tub, but never appeared to have a faucet for the tub, just a valve and fitting for a shower--single knob kind of shower valve. It appeared to be original and I assumed the tub was filled from the shower head. Now that I think about it, that seems strange, even for Airstream.

If anyone knows a source for the two-handle shower valve in the wet-bath early 70s Caravel, I'd love to get one.

Zeppelinium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 04:49 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member
1966 26' Overlander
Waskom , Texas
Airstream shower

Hi K and J;
This Ebay auction for an Airstream shower recently ended, but you can still read the description and see the pictures. This is similar to what my 1966 Overlander had. Check out the link in the ad to a web site showing the same style tub/ shower being modified to a low step shower.(

I believe these type faucets are still available. Good luck,
Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 06:13 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
I've seen something similar

Restoration Hardware has something similar, designed for a claw foot tub with a shower head. Also check a plumbing supply store like Hajoca.

Paula Ford
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 06:47 PM   #5
Rivet Master
1963 16' Bambi
Yreka , California
You might try "Rensup" it is a restoration hardware supply. I know I have seen a "cheapie type" replacement like looks just like the one in our 1963 Bambi... but a quick look at their web pages didn't pop it up... might request a catalog. Here is their website:

Good luck.

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis)
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 06:53 PM   #6
Rivet Master
1988 25' Excella
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Check larger RV Supply places..

Here's a link to CampingWorld version which has faucet for tuub, hot and cold knobs and threaded pipe for shower hose/handheld...

I've seen similar items in larger dealership parts departments (including local Airstream dealer on Los Banos), or I think you could adapt unit from regular plumbing supply place...

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 04:24 PM   #7
Rivet Master
1960 24' Tradewind
santa barbara , California
Hello artisan765,

The rv stores offer the phoenix brand with the shower riser for the stainless
flexible shower hose and you can get the small chrome hook to hold the shower wand you will need also .They had the 3 3/8 center which is more common on RVs .I installed the chrome small unit in my 60 tradewind and
It looks really nice.Many of those faucets had the shower hose setup only.
as mine did ,but I wanted the tub fill also and it now has both ,works perfectly.My old faucet was toast anyway so this is an upgrade.

Scott of scottnlily
scottanlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:02 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member
1984 31' Sovereign
Niceville , Florida
Check Lowe's

I bought a 3 3/8" tub faucet w/top line shower connect at Lowe's in Roanoke, VA on sale for 8 bucks yesterday. It was in an area with piping, tubing and was with what they called "mobile home" fixtures.

FOB is offline   Reply With Quote