Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2014, 06:39 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
SOUTH ANHERST , Ohio
Kootenayken

Thank you so much for the info on taking the nut off in the rear , question is it more of a feeling for the nut as you have to put the extention with the 1/2/ down through the hole ???? or using a wrench can one reach from the back ? do not understand completely ???
I do know if I can see it and put a ratcheting wrench on it that would really help . could you please explain did you take off inserting through the left rear hole in the toilet the rear nut ???????
Gosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:32 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 22
cranbrook , British Columbia
I was able to see the nut through the hole in the toilet. The socket on an extension would not get down to the nut because of the angle. So I was able to reach around from the back and slip a wrench on to the nut to loosen it, then spin it off with my fingers. When you go to put the toilet back you have to go through the same process to get the nut back on the Tbolt. A lot of feeling around and nimble fingers to get the nut started on that back bolt.
kootenayken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:58 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
SOUTH ANHERST , Ohio
kootenayken

Thank you I am going to give it a try , thanks again.
George
Old 07-31-2014, 01:57 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
SOUTH ANHERST , Ohio
I DID get the toilet off but the valve is a older style not the one I ordered and rusted on bad may brake the toilet I tried to remove the 2 screws but they are rusted and no heads any more

I Went to our local rv store and purchased a new toilet and in the 1975 argosy my old one was low profile 11 inches total high with the back rest .

the new one is 12-13 inches high and the toilet lid can not go under back rest molded piece any ideas ????????need help . Would like to purchase one that will fit a 1975 Argosy? low profile

I called Vintage Airstream Sales and they do not have any thing that low ,

RV Shop may have some thing lower but the flange in the floor would have to be changed not sure if that is a option with the black tank ?????????

Need help ASAP

THANKS ALL

pss Kootenayken good instructions on taking toilet out .

last question
My black tank I have noticed in middle rear has a steady drip when tank is full and not released any ideas.

thanks a again I know I have asked a lot of questions but have never had these issues

Tags
toilet