Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Sinks, Showers & Toilets
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-16-2018, 04:45 PM   #21
Antiquepedaler

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Laramie , Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCStreamer View Post
Success. Piece of cake.

Attachment 314158

Attachment 314159
What is the measurement from the center of the hole to the wall on that trailer. It is 9 inches on my 25 FB.
Old 06-16-2018, 06:54 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by antique pedaler View Post
what is the measurement from the center of the hole to the wall on that trailer. It is 9 inches on my 25 fb.
12”
2014 Airstream Flying Cloud 30 Recliner - WBCCI #4850 - AIR #110821
2018 Nissan Armada SL Tow Vehicle, Equal-i-zer Hitch
Visit Our Flying Cloud blog for my latest adventure!
FCStreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 12:12 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adiredneck View Post
I stumbled across this link for a full 14" high, elongated ceramic toilet. Due to being a big guy (6'6"/300#) with old knees (and everything else), I recently replaced the old round-bowl low toilets in my house with the higher, elongated ones and they make a difference. Looking hard at this upgrade for my 2014 27FB Classic.

The 27FB have the toilet kind of tucked in at an angle (not a lot of room), and hard against the wall in the back. The dimensions on the schematic "look" like it will fit as a replacement, but curious if anyone on here has actually installed one of these "House Size" toilets in their Airstream, particularly any of you with a 27FB floor plan. Thanks in advance for your replies and advice...

http://www.dyersonline.com/dometic-r...and-spray.html
Did you have any luck using an offset flange with the 320? I installed the 310 a few years ago in my 27' and had barely enough room from the center line of the toilet to the back wall. The only way I could fit it in place was to use a cut off type saw with a ceramic cutting blade and lop off the corner off the back off the 310. I was able to put the 320 seat on the 310 but the plastic garnish that covers the bolts and back of toilet could not be used.
It all works fine except I wish it would look better. Maybe the offset flange will work. Just wanted to know if anyone actually tried it with our black water tank inlet that are in the Airstreams. I'm thinking of ordering one. Please stop me if you already tried it and it doesn't fit.

Thanks!
Bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 10:50 PM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB Classic
Cambridge , New York
Please let us know if the offset flange works! I've been chewing on it, but inasmuch as I am living full-time in my AS this summer, I hesitate to do something that takes away my only toilet if I screw up... ;-)
Old 07-29-2018, 07:32 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Davidson County , NC Highlands County, FL
I have not seen an offset flange used in a trailer, so I'm not sure.

The only reason I can think of that an offset flange would not work is if the distance between the top of the tank and top of the floor is too close. Or, there is a tank adapter that uses part of that space.

An offset flange is longer than a straight flange. There are flanges with male and female ends, which could make a difference.

The only way to know for sure is remove the existing toilet, see what is there, and measure.
Old 09-17-2018, 05:22 PM   #26
2 Rivet Member

2020 33' Classic
Heart Of , Texas
We just picked up our new 2018 28RBQ Saturday and I can testify that those bathrooms are not made for Humans. First thing is a new elongated toilet. Ok Ok we understand a lot of folks are a buck 10. No worries but for some of us thats a different story. I plan to modify the toilet door wall to accommodate "cough" us sub humans. I have a plan to make bifold doors with a decorative pattern to match the decor. We are just in the planning stage atm. We first need the dealer to fix/ replace the closet door that fell off during the first 2 hours of ownership after leaving the dealership and on our trip to break in our new dream machine. Wait wait there's that bad word, "BREAK" aways we will watch this thread for excellent owner in put. Best of luck all, happy trails
KBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 05:49 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBAR View Post
We just picked up our new 2018 28RBQ Saturday and I can testify that those bathrooms are not made for Humans. First thing is a new elongated toilet. Ok Ok we understand a lot of folks are a buck 10. No worries but for some of us thats a different story. I plan to modify the toilet door wall to accommodate "cough" us sub humans. I have a plan to make bifold doors with a decorative pattern to match the decor. We are just in the planning stage atm. We first need the dealer to fix/ replace the closet door that fell off during the first 2 hours of ownership after leaving the dealership and on our trip to break in our new dream machine. Wait wait there's that bad word, "BREAK" aways we will watch this thread for excellent owner in put. Best of luck all, happy trails
Welcome to world of rving. Always bring your toolbox along.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 04:00 AM   #28
GREAT ESCAPES

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Tenafly , New Jersey
DOMETIC Toilet Model 311 - AIRSTREAM Interstate Replacement

I just recently replace the stock Dometic toilet (Model 301) with a ceramic model 311; which fit perfectly in terms of the water connection, flange location and overall fit within the Interstate bathroom. The ceramic bowl is a bit heavier than the stock plastic, so I'll keep an eye on it after I get a few thousand miles on the road; overall I'm happy with the slight upgrade. The ceramic bowl offers an even flow of water around the entire bowl, the seat is similar to what you would have at home vs the stock flimsy plastic seat. Best $130 I've spent in a while...
scott.semone is offline   Reply With Quote