Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2018, 09:11 AM   #21
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
You can join PEX to the polybutyl with the PEX fittings and clamps.
Bill M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 04:41 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Longmont , Colorado
Airstream did switch to PEX several years ago. My 2013 is all PEX.
SSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 06:11 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
If it's any help YouTube has a bunch of videos about PEK and Sharkbite fittings.
Perhaps you could use a short section of flexible water line and adapt it to get you water until you got home.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 07:34 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Fort Worth , Texas
Update

We were traveling right past Dixie RV on Interstate 10 today so I called them to see if they could look at the toilet. They said they were extremely busy and could fit me in the beginning of next week! After some pleading and explaining that this was a VERY simple job, he said to stop by. I was in and out in under 30 minutes. They replaced the fitting with a Shark Bite fitting that they claim will be better than what I had. They charged me for the fitting but did not charge me for labor. I purchased a few mud dauber screens to show my support for their efforts. A call to Airstream confirmed that they would cover the $10 expense for the fitting. I'm flushed with pleasure.....pun intended.

We're happy campers again!

Thanks for all the help and support!
billrector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 08:43 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Help-toilet no longer connected to fresh water!

Great! Happy for you. And good on you for buying some stuff in their store.

Happy trails!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 04:46 AM   #26
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Good job Dixie rv!!!!!.
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 05:03 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2017 16' Sport
N/A , N/A
[emoji106]
Silvr_Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 07:31 AM   #28
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Fort Worth , Texas
Update: toilet still leaking
Well, unfortunately, we continue to see water on the floor right by the toilet. I wipe it up, dry everything off and then flush the toilet 5 times and I see nothing dripping and no water around the base of the toilet. However if I go away for a few hours, it looks like the attached picture. This is getting old!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4409.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	298.9 KB
ID:	307360
Old 03-28-2018, 07:51 AM   #29
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Fort Worth , Texas
It appears the leak is coming out of the back of my new PEX connector.....the one I just had replaced by Dixie RV. This is the same type of connector that had the horrible reviews on Home Depot. Based on my last experience trying to tighten the fitting, I plan to do nothing. Hopefully, there will be no damage to the floor or the walls. To say I am not a fan of PEX would be an understatement.
Old 03-28-2018, 08:30 AM   #30
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
I'd start by stuffing towels under that area. Keep water off the floor if possible. I wonder why it takes some time to appear? It seems like the leak would appear as soon as the pressure built up (flush). Is it possible the leak is somewhere else and just pools in the low spot? Can you feel where the fitting is wet?
Could the water be getting past the fitting in the toilet and not the pipe to the toilet?
Does water pool if the pump is shut off? (same with city water)
Just thinking out loud. I still like hose clamps!
Old 03-28-2018, 08:33 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysdad View Post
I'd start by stuffing towels under that area. Keep water off the floor if possible. I wonder why it takes some time to appear? It seems like the leak would appear as soon as the pressure built up (flush). Is it possible the leak is somewhere else and just pools in the low spot? Can you feel where the fitting is wet?
Could the water be getting past the fitting in the toilet and not the pipe to the toilet?
Just thinking out loud.

Good questions. I’m amazed at what seems to build up in a short period of time when I can continually flush with no apparent leak. I’m still not positive where it is coming from but the last time I went in I put my hand on the back side of the connection to the toilet and my fingers were wet.
Old 03-28-2018, 10:04 AM   #32
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Hi billrector,

We're very sorry to learn about the leak you described in your 2017 27' Flying Cloud. Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at customer_support@airstream.com

We look forward to helping you get this resolved.
Old 03-28-2018, 11:20 AM   #33
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
If you shut off the ball valve in your photo, does it still leak?
Old 03-29-2018, 08:52 PM   #34
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysdad View Post
If you shut off the ball valve in your photo, does it still leak?

Nope
Old 03-29-2018, 09:32 PM   #35
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
We had a similar leak. It was a very fine crack in the plastic fitting. Sounds like this one is going to be a challenge to track down. Pressure difference was what seemed to drive our leak. Get an adjustable pressure regulator and run the shore water at about 40 psi. See if that helps until you can get the coach in for a waranty service. May be able to get AS to send an independent tech to you. They have done that for some folks. At a minimum, they can send you parts. Good Luck. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 12:02 PM   #36
Rivet Master

2017 16' Sport
N/A , N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by billrector View Post
Good questions. I’m amazed at what seems to build up in a short period of time when I can continually flush with no apparent leak. I’m still not positive where it is coming from but the last time I went in I put my hand on the back side of the connection to the toilet and my fingers were wet.

You may want to check around the toilet.
Silvr_Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 01:34 PM   #37
3 Rivet Member

1974 21' Globetrotter
2016 30' International
Houston , Texas
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4172.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	307546

Might be hard to see my markup on your photo but mine is leaking with the same fact pattern as yours but getting progressively worse. When I turn the ball valve on water come from the seam in the pvc connection into the toilet. Maybe you pinpointed yours but thought I would share. Mine is a 2016 IS serenity, and started leaking right after I took it in for service and they replaced the entire line to the toilet.
70CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 02:20 PM   #38
Rivet Master

2016 28' International
Sioux Falls , SD
Put a mirror under the 90 elbow, flush, then watch. Sometimes they have hairline cracks from the bands and the weep.
Better to live one day a lion than a lifetime a sheep. Camp hard, camp often
DBinSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 06:50 AM   #39
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirstreamInc View Post
Hi billrector,

We're very sorry to learn about the leak you described in your 2017 27' Flying Cloud. Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at customer_support@airstream.com

We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

Dear Airstream,

When I first had this issue, I contacted you and you eventually directed me to Dixie RV. They replaced a part, at my expense, but that did not solve our leak. Over a week ago, I contacted you again indicating that the leak continues. Over this past weekend, I emailed you again. I have had no response from you and my toilet, on only our second trip, continues to leak.

By the way, now using our air conditioner for the first time, and the condensation is dripping from the roof.

Disappointed customer!
Old 04-10-2018, 11:22 AM   #40
Opinionated newb...

2018 25' Flying Cloud
League City , TX
Condensation on the ceiling inside?

What a man does for pay is of little significance. What he is, as a sensitive instrument responsive to the world's beauty, is everything! H. P. Lovecraft
wave man is offline   Reply With Quote