Old 07-18-2011, 07:08 AM   #1
1984 31' International
Lincolnton , North Carolina
Help! '83 Sov toilet access??

We just got our 83 sov home & hooked up water to find water leaking from the toliet. How do we remove? Is there no back opening? We were told every thing worked well by the seller. Of course the water was the only thing we didn't check before purchase. Could this have happened in transit?

Please help

nustreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:24 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member
1977 31' Sovereign
Manchester , New Hampshire
Where is it leaking from ? I know on my sovereign it is like home toilet remove nuts on side bottom to remove toilet the if you have long enough water line you can access water line once you undo toilet other wise you will have to maneuver a crescent wrench around back of toilet.

1976 Airstream Sovereign International Landyacht (renovating)(found DOM plate said 1976)
1968 Airstream Caravel 17 footer

2004 Nissan Titan with BT package
K/N Cool intake air
Duel power exhaust
Mrcrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:36 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member
1983 31' Excella
Troy , Ohio
There should be a shut-off valve in the water line leading to the toilet. If you have a side bath, it will be behind the sink cabinet near the water heater. If you have an Aqua Magic toilet, there will be 2 1/2 inch bolts holding it to the floor. The front bolt is behind the flush pedal--push down on the pedal and then put something in the toilet to hold the slider valve open and the pedal down. The rear bolt is accessed by lifting the toilet seat and taking off the round access cover located at the left rear edge of the toilet. You may need an extention and a swivel joint socket to reach the bolt as it is difficult to reach. Once the bolts are removed, then you can lift the toilet and take off the water line.
rmk110761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:46 AM   #4
1984 31' International
Lincolnton , North Carolina
Thanks so much for the greatly detailed info. I will pass it to my husband and we will attempt a repair this evening. I understand now! In his frustration he gave up too soon when his regular wrench would not access the back bolts. He concluded that there must be another acess. Please forgive our Airstream greeness!

Many thanks again!
nustreamer is offline   Reply With Quote