Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Sinks, Showers & Toilets
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-05-2008, 05:50 PM   #21
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Wink This may sound extream...

Now understand this is only me...can't get the DW to follow suit.

When we REALLY need to conserve fresh water.

When I'm on the throne, I shut the water off open 'er up and make a direct deposit, add some water from a two gal jug stored in the shower.
Only problem is when I forget to turn the water back on,or my aim is slightly off
Old 09-05-2008, 06:12 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excella CM View Post
The idea is OK, but the execution plan stinks (literally). As Andy and others have pointed out, you absolutely don't want your waste and fresh water systems comingled. If you really want to do this, use a pick-up that floats in the grey tank to avoid the solids and run it to a separate faucet that you can fill a bucket from in the bathroom and use that to flush the toilet. Probably penny wise and pound foolish all in all.
I recently asked a similar question. When I don't have a sewer hookup, my gray tank inevitably fills long before the black tank (perhaps because I'm NOT full of it, thank you). I use a sewer solution to drain tanks, and thought of draining my gray into my black via a hose that went into the black tank sprayer. I had been filling a five gallon bucket from the sewer solution, carrying it in and dumping it down the toilet. The possibility of tripping with a load of nasty water.... ech! Well of course the stray coffee grounds would probably screw up the tank sprayer in a heartbeat. I casually toyed with the idea of getting more hose extensions and running the hose around the back, thru the door and into the bowl. Of course I don't know that the gray tank would create enough pressure to go uphill into the toilet and I would have to put the end of the sewer solution hose down the trap of the toilet and SECURE it because opening the gray water gate then running into the trailer isn't a good idea.

I settled of getting a LID for the pail and only filling it half way. Sometimes our brilliant McGuyverisms sound more like Wiley Cayoteisms when reviewed in the cool light of dawn.

Paula