Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2016, 12:15 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' FB International
Liberty Corner , New Jersey
Flexible shower hose

Has anyone found a very flexible hose for the shower? I am most interested in replacing the exterior hand held shower with a better hose. I have not been able to locate a replacement hose similar to this type used in air and garden hoses:

http://www.amazon.com/Legacy-HFZ3810.../dp/B0010X7J78

I always find the stock hoses too stiff and then very stiff when temperature drops.

Thank you.
TheCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 12:51 PM   #2
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Beds, Bath, and Beyond has a wide variety of shower hoses, including some flexible white rubber ones intended for handicapped use.

But if your exterior shower takes a garden hose, then the same company that makes the air hose you linked to also makes garden hoses… http://www.amazon.com/Legacy-Manufac...MG87DRG0QHZ7M6
Old 01-20-2016, 01:25 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
Home Depot and Lowe's have ones which have a real metal outer braid (not plastic) with a very flexible plastic interior hose. They are not inexpensive, and you have to look carefully at the end fittings to be sure they will work with your shower head, but they are nice.
idroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 03:58 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' FB International
Liberty Corner , New Jersey
Thank you for the good suggestions. I will check out BBB this week. The inside shower hose is fine (I believe it is that metal cladding, but not sure). It is the outside one that is always a pain to role up and stick into the box. That is why I like the Flexzilla brand. I saw on their site that the garden hose is drinking water safe, but they do not list anything less than 5/8". I have been trying to find a similar but smaller diameter hose that could be finished with the appropriate threaded fittings. Oh, and it would look much better in white.
TheCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:31 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Austin , Texas
My last camping trip, I pulled into a site and all three of my water hookup hoses (I have a short, medium, and long hose) were leaking badly at the ends. I just replaced them with Flexzilla hoses with the SwivelGrip ends. Wow these are nice hoses campared to the crap I was using...

amazon.com/Legacy-HFZG550YWS-Flexzilla-Hybrid-SwivelGrip/dp/B00OHRTKLM