Old 07-09-2008, 08:17 PM   #15
. , .
hi mr sista!

it might help us seeing a pic of the the full hinge area, topnbottom...

i think the newer version of the hinge on my classic will fit it, maybe.

IF the issue is it's hopping UP on road bumps and jumping off the lower pin hole,

it would seem a rubber wedge jammed into the top opening (of the door frame) would keep it from doing this...

if the hinge has gradually sagged and it's really the top that comes out, wedge it from the bottom.

the main door panel aluminum framing can become loose 2, there should be screws that tighten and square up the frame.

more pix please!

all of the true things that i am about to tell you are shameless lies. l.b.j.

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:40 AM   #16
4 Rivet Member
1996 28' Excella
Okemos , Michigan
As part of the diagnosis, I had to open the door frame to get the zinc block out, so I know it was ok.

Tonite after work I'll take some more photos with the door mounted. My point and shoot digital camera has a bit of trouble taking a macro photo when there is so much shiny aluminum in the field of view. I may have to break down and read the manual to use the manual focus!

Of course, the tacky solution is to buy two stainless steel butt hinges and mount them on the outside of the door and frame, but I am trying to avoid that, no matter how reliable it would be.

Okemos, MI
T.V.:'05 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Quad Cab Cummins
sander17 is offline   Reply With Quote