Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2012, 03:03 PM   #1
Road Geezer

2011 27' FB Flying Cloud
San Jose , California
Drain question

We have a 2011 FC 27 FB. It seems that whenever we open the kitchen sink drain to empty a fairly full load of water, we notice that the shower drain gurgles and gray water backs up into the shower pan. We've found we can avoid this backup two ways, insert a plug in the shower drain or interrupt the sink draining a couple times to slow down the flow. This is more of an irritant than anything else, but I'm wondering if it indicates the vent is plugged or something else that is serious.

So my question: is this normal, and/or has anyone else had this problem and fixed it?

Thanks for the help,

Paul
Respect Each Other
Road Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2002 25' Safari
Fountain Inn , South Carolina
Here is a thread discussing this same problem on another members AS.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f444...sue-83758.html

Hope this helps.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:55 PM   #3
Road Geezer

2011 27' FB Flying Cloud
San Jose , California
"Drain Solution"

The thread Bud references above is excellent. Apparently others have had the same problem I wrote about above. I read thru the thread and have pretty much come to the conclusion that the problem is a basic design flaw in the AS drain routing--see 11D in the attached pdf. I think fixing it properly would be pretty complex, and it appears that AS has a workaround that "solves" the problem by reducing the sink's max drain flow rate.

BTW, a simple stopper in the shower has prevented backups in our TT; we've noticed it when we don't have the drain stoppered.

I like to fiddle with our TT, so I may install a HePO valve just for grins. And if I don't, life's full of little irritants and this is probably one we can live with....

No use repeating everything here, just read the thread Bud includes in his reply above.

These Forums are GREAT !
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Plumbing 25FB.pdf (72.9 KB, 90 views)
Respect Each Other
Road Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote