Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2010, 12:34 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Trenton , Illinois
On a Positive Note

In the process of fixing the shower I discovered a major improvement. I took the roll-up shower screen out.

Forgive me for providing the gory details, but that bathroom is tight. For my 6'-1" body to sit on the throne I need to put one foot up on the edge of the shower and sit angled slightly toward the rear of the trailer to get the door closed. For those of you who own this configuration, you understand completely.

Anyway, by taking out the roll-up shower screen out, the wall next to the toilet is effectively shortened by three inches. That makes a HUGE difference. Huge.

So I replaced the screen with a shower curtain and used a few pieces of velcro to keep it attached on the curb-side. I think it looks great, is just as effective and even more functional.

Old 11-13-2010, 04:27 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinLoaf View Post
From Airstream Customer Support: "It appears that the screws holding it into place let loose allowing it to tilt and move back. Don't have a real fix other than pulling it back into place and reattaching with more or larger screws. I don't have your phone number, but if you wish to discuss further, please feel free to give me a call back."
That is the type of completely stupid answer I expect to get when I call India for tech support. Like the time they told me the reason my computer did not work was because my Ethernet cable was too long. Was does a company offer customer support and use employees that have no idea at all as to what they are talking about. Wouldn't they be better off to just not answer the phone.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 05:04 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2002 19' Bambi
Northwestern Ontario , - on the backside of the map and just above the big green spot
Quote:
From Airstream Customer Support: "It appears that the screws holding it into place let loose allowing it to tilt and move back. Don't have a real fix other than pulling it back into place and reattaching with more or larger screws. I don't have your phone number, but if you wish to discuss further, please feel free to give me a call back."
Wow - I, and I believe many others, have had a lot of respect for the Service Centre side of the Airstream organization - they have been the folks who have "made right" many of the shortfalls generated by the Manufacturing side - the response you got puts one heck of a dent in their credibility - I hope it isn't the beginning of a trend ....

Given your thorough exploration and walk-through of the steps you took to identify the problem and provide a fix - maybe JC could hire you as a consultant ......

Well done.

Jay

"I'm not young enough to know everything ....."
(Oscar Wilde)
RangerJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:50 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
In the process of fixing the shower I discovered a major improvement. I took the roll-up shower screen out.

Forgive me for providing the gory details, but that bathroom is tight. For my 6'-1" body to sit on the throne I need to put one foot up on the edge of the shower and sit angled slightly toward the rear of the trailer to get the door closed. For those of you who own this configuration, you understand completely.

Anyway, by taking out the roll-up shower screen out, the wall next to the toilet is effectively shortened by three inches. That makes a HUGE difference. Huge.

So I replaced the screen with a shower curtain and used a few pieces of velcro to keep it attached on the curb-side. I think it looks great, is just as effective and even more functional.

I just noticed the window directly behind the throne. Oh My Dear goodness gracious me. If you're 6' 1", make sure that blind is down before you stand up or it'll be "Moon over Miami" Time. One wonders why they didn't use frosted glass in there!

I do like your curtain though.

Paula