Old 01-14-2014, 09:59 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2005 34' Classic S/O
Manor , Texas
Classic '05 Kitchen sink

Hi!

Lately I've had an issue with my 34' Classic Aistream slide out 2005. Suddenly, the sink doesn't drain properly. It drains really slow and I don know where can be the problem. I've checked the U pipe and it's ok. Also I put a 8 feet cable through the pipe and there is nothing wrong neither.
I have to say the Airstream is not completely level but is just a little. I'm wondering if it can be the problem. I'm getting mad because it hasn't been use to much and the sink should work properly. If anyone has had the same problem or knows what can be the issue, please let me know. I'll appreciate that.

Thank you.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:29 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2006 31' Classic
Jefferson Co , Ohio
Your problem may be a blocked vent pipe.

Old 01-14-2014, 11:25 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2005 34' Classic S/O
Manor , Texas
I've tried that too, but nothing!
Old 01-14-2014, 12:00 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Other sink and shower slow as well? How full is the gray tank?

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:15 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2006 34' Classic S/O
Lakewood , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by txoko View Post
Hi! Lately I've had an issue with my 34' Classic Aistream slide out 2005. Suddenly, the sink doesn't drain properly. It drains really slow and I don know where can be the problem. I've checked the U pipe and it's ok. Also I put a 8 feet cable through the pipe and there is nothing wrong neither. I have to say the Airstream is not completely level but is just a little. I'm wondering if it can be the problem. I'm getting mad because it hasn't been use to much and the sink should work properly. If anyone has had the same problem or knows what can be the issue, please let me know. I'll appreciate that. Thank you.

I have an 06 34 foot classic limited and my kitchen sink drains slower when the grey tank is half full, and it gurgles in the shower sometimes. I checked the vent and found no blockage. I remember reading a thread about this issue with classics, and that the way the factory designed the grey water system to share the vent with the toilet could cause the slow drainage, and gurgling .

Regards,

Reganzo
Old 01-14-2014, 06:19 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Unless the 34's are plumbed differently than my 30' Classic....I have no issue nor gurgling and I do only have one shared vent stack.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:40 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

2005 34' Classic S/O
Manor , Texas
Gray tank is empty and the other sink and shower work perfectly.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:20 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2008 27' Classic FB
Burkburnett , Texas
If you have an air admittance valve, it may be the source of the problem. Look at the drain line plumbing serving the sink you're having trouble with. If you see a section of pipe that rises up with a cap like affair on the top, that's the valve. They are used where it's not feasible to run a vent pipe to the roof. It has a 1-way flapper in it that admits air so the water can freely flow down the pipe yet works in tandem with the p trap to to block odors from entering the room. If the flap gets stuck in the closed position, the drain will run slowly, often accompanied by gurgling. The valve unscrews from the pipe for service or replacement if needed. Places like Lowes and Home Depot should stock them.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:08 PM   #9
1 Rivet Member

2005 34' Classic S/O
Manor , Texas
Thanks for the response. We purchased a new valve but the sink continues to drain very slowly. We tried loosening the valve, tightening it and nothing. Water either doesn't drain or overflows where the valve is. We will continue to search for the cause... thanks again!
Old 01-20-2014, 09:03 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2008 27' Classic FB
Burkburnett , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by txoko View Post
Thanks for the response. We purchased a new valve but the sink continues to drain very slowly. We tried loosening the valve, tightening it and nothing. Water either doesn't drain or overflows where the valve is. We will continue to search for the cause... thanks again!

Having exchanged the air admittance valve to no avail, and you say the other sink and shower drain normally, the symptoms you describe return to a possible clog or restriction in the pipe. You say you ran an 8' cable... Was this something rigid like a plumber's snake or an electrician's fish tape? If it was more flexible, it may have zigzagged in the pipe and not extended as far as you think. We are assuming the other sink and shower that drain normally tee into this pipe at some point and if this is true, the restriction has to be before that point. We are discussing the sink in the galley, right? Absent of a diagram of the routing, we can only make an educated guess by looking at the pieces of pipe we can see. You may have some success if you call the service department at Jackson Center to see if they can send you a diagram for your model.

Look at where the GW vent extends through the roof. It should go straight down to the top of the GW tank and the drain line(s) may enter the GW tank at a separate location. It is also possible that the sink drain might tee into the vent pipe. Running your snake down from the roof may be helpful. Be sure you're looking at the GW vent. The tanks are fore and aft of one another and the relation of the dump valves will tell you which is which. I believe most GW tanks are forward of the BW, so their vents would be accordingly.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:43 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
These images are from my 31' 2014 Model 30 Classic that is still at the factory 30 days after the production start date. These may provide some ideas where stuff is in terms of the kitchen drain on your unit. On my unit, the kitchen sink has it's own run to the tank and the shower has it's own run to the tank.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3471.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	250.3 KB
ID:	204020   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3522.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	243.8 KB
ID:	204021  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3523.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	275.6 KB
ID:	204022   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3524.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	209.4 KB
ID:	204023  

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Dill TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:06 PM   #12
1 Rivet Member

2005 34' Classic S/O
Manor , Texas
Hello - Just to update everyone. Today we finally resolved our sink issue!

We used a ladder, climbed to the roof of the airstream and ran a plumber's snake down through the GW vent. Whatever clog was there must have been pushed into the GW tank because now the water from the galley sink drains perfectly!

Thank you to everyone who responded with help/suggestions! We really appreciate it!