Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Sinks, Showers & Toilets
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-17-2017, 06:29 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Florence , Alabama
Capping off outside shower

Does anyone know what fittings I need to cap shower connections from the inside? We don’t use outside shower.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:41 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Florence , Alabama
Well, it’s not that easy. Seems as though the lines coming through wall on the inside aren’t from shower but one is the street water in and the other is hot going to showers. Can’t cap those. I have a leak at the water in connection I mentioned. It appears to be at the pressure regulator I think. I can’t get the outside shower box out it seems to be held in by something I can’t see.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:17 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
Well, it’s not that easy.
. . .
That would be my guess too. Not like a house with a basement where you see the various runs, and add shut-offs etc.. Even if you could get the shower valve box removed, the feeds coming to it would still be buried in a cold wall.

If you have cold nights to deal with, it may be time to buy a really good 12 volt compressor and become proficient at winterizing quickly on the road. We got the Viair 450 but have not set it up yet.

Good luck,

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 02:49 PM   #4
CRH
Rivet Master

1995 25' Excella
xxxxx , xxxxxx
Does the outside shower not have a cutoff?

I do not have an outside shower. I have an outside spigot, though. There is a cut off valve to stop water from going to it.
CRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 04:36 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Florence , Alabama
It just has hot and cold knobs like a cheap faucet. I have discovered that the leak is from or around the pressure regulator right at the wall. It’s pretty hard to contort my body in the closet to get to it. I tightened the screws on the regulator but won’t check it out till tomorrow. Plan to watch it till I can get to dealer if it’s still leaking.
Old 11-20-2017, 05:17 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Florence , Alabama
Update. The leak apparently was due to the hot water faucet on the shower not being completely off. I can only surmise that as temp/pressure built up with WH on the hot side transferee thru the cold side of the faucet and somehow came out around the inlet pressure regulator???? May make no sense but after I ensured the faucet valves were closed the leak stopped. The hot knob turned ccw to close which is weird and different from normal faucets.
Old 11-20-2017, 05:34 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Hinckley , Ohio
Some facet stems are directional. There is clockwise and a counter clockwise stem. One is hot and one is cold. You have two colds or two hots.